corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Users...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Users...
ed

User status: Offline
31st Aug 08 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure if this is known by a lot of people, but as I was looking through the settings on my iPhone mk1 and realised there were some settings for the EDGE network... All I knew was EDGE is a fancy name for EGPRS so I did a quick search on the internet and found that if you type in 'internet' for the APN which is under Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network (or EDGE Network if you are still using 1.x.x firmware). You don't use a username or password and you get some form of mobile data if you need it...

This works for Vodafone, but if you use a different network them search for, e.g. Orange APN or Orange EDGE then you should be able to find your settings, or they might just be the same

[Edited on 31-08-2008 by ed]

New Poll