corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » i need some help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i need some help
chunky_nb

User status: Offline
25th Aug 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car is on stand and welsh modified show with torque wales on weekend, i need some advice on cleaning and polishing 'detailing' if you like, my idea of a wash compared to you guys is pretty abismal tbh, i usually jet was then hot soapy water (johnsons baby bath) and sponge wash all over. rinse off with clean sponge and hot water then, chamois all over then polish with turtle wax colour restorer, i need some products and advice pronto ready for the show on weekend lol greatly appreciated whatever it is
supremefaulk

26th Aug 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, I am certainly not an expert, but in my experience, products that work well, and I use regularly:

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo - Cheap enough, and seems to do the job

Due to the council being nobs and just scattering chippings on the road for some unknown reason - Meguiars tar and bug remover - fantastically good, no idea on price though.

Meguiars Clay Bar - to get a nice smooth surface [sounds stupid, but makes hell of a diff] However, is not cheap, about £15-20, but lasts many applications

Auto Glym Super Resin Polish - Great polishing stuff, cheap [£5 for small bottle], very easy to use, and good results

Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection - the dogs nads of "shine" stuff. Chuck it on a washed car, leave for half hour, buff it off, and it makes the just cleaned shine last forever. lol, it makes the shine look a lot deeper too, and u can get a small bottle for a fiver.

Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 - only wax I would ever use to be fair, goes straight on, comes straight off, do the whole car in one go, then buff it off in one go, no panel by panel stuff. Lasts on my car about a month I would say before you have to re-apply. Really helps with the shine too, and smells nice. lol. Bout £20 a bottle - but lasts ages, and comes with an applicator.

Meguiars bumper protector - longest lasting back to black ive ever tried, clings really well in the nice weather, lasts ages.... but like all the others, comes off pretty quick in the rain.

I think thats about it to be honest - for a really good clean. I save something like that for a really nice day, top off, get a tan, would take about 3-4 hours from start to finish.

But for the best, quick clean, I would say give it a good wash, make sure all the tar spots are off, chuck a coat of extra gloss protection on, leave it about 45 mins, take it off, and put some really good wax on [tech wax 2 if u can afford too]

Best microfibre clothes- tesco value pack - 3 in a pack, bout 90p, take the tags off and way to go. Perfect for applying and taking stuff off.

Best expensive finishing cloth - meguiars gold class cloth [white one] really thick, and seems to help as a finishing buffer, when all the chemicals are off, rub it with one of these and whip the shades out
AND RUB THE HELL OUT OF IT WITH YOUR GOOD CLOTH

Job done

Sorry bout the rant, but I am passionate about cleaning the car, without being stupid enough to spend like £100 on a tub of wax. lol

Hope this helps
chunky_nb

27th Aug 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one fella
probs be having a go at this tomoro if weather is dry
chunky_nb

27th Aug 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would u recommend getting a wash mitt as ive been told using a sponge can swirl the paint
supremefaulk

27th Aug 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly couldnt tell you sorry, I bought a pack of 3 sponges from £-stretcher before [for a quid] and they are all ive ever used.
Gets the dirt off

But i cant see any reason why it would swirl the paint, if it was a sponge with bits of grit in it or summin, maybe. lol.

But sponge will do fine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » i need some help 23 database queries in 0.0086582 seconds