corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Carbs on a xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carbs on a xe
N90ATH

User status: Offline
10th Aug 08 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right first of all i know carbs need seeting up alot but are they actually any gd on a xe?

reason i aks as been offered some twin 48's webber carbs for cheap
what else would i need apart for the inlet and linkage?
and what ather mods help get more power with carbs?

cheers nath
ed

10th Aug 08 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignition, either an electronic setup or a mechanical setup. You can use the mechanical setup off of a 1.8 Mk II Cavalier, though you need to have the dizzy modified slightly to have the correct ignition timing.

The carbs would need to be jetted for your engine too so the fueling is correct.

More power would be the usual things, stronger internals, different profile cams and then having the carbs jetted and setup for the power you want to achieve.

If you have mechanical ignition you might want to think about getting a rev limiter too!
Mattb

10th Aug 08 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cams
Cams
Cams
Cams

Dont expect to get monster power gains with a standard xe and bolting carbs on.. infact dont expect any at all..
N90ATH

10th Aug 08 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm so basically need cams the carbs and the igntion system hmmm could be a fun project lol
av it

10th Aug 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
Cams
Cams
Cams
Cams

Dont expect to get monster power gains with a standard xe and bolting carbs on.. infact dont expect any at all..

care to explain as i have proof of carbs being a good power increase
well mine are bike carbs so basically the same

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Carbs on a xe 22 database queries in 0.0115409 seconds