corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » bt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bt
jas-tec

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 08 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i moved in to a flat and there is a bt line there just not connected up and they wanted 125 to do it and £11 50 a month line rental.

do u think thats right i just need it connected and thats all but theres a line there.
Cavey

3rd Aug 08 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got charged £125 for it as well, probably just needed to connect a wire in the box.

Tell them that Virgin won't charge you to connect to them or something, they might do it free?
Mase
Premium Member

3rd Aug 08 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we got charged the £125 for connection in our student flat, took them all of 15 minutes including any tests an that! To get to that point however it took about 5 weeks of ringing and £60 worth of mobile phone calls (no landline ya see!)...... If you haven't got cable in your area, like ours, its a charge you have to stomach i'm afraid, as theres no alternative....

Mase
AndyKent

3rd Aug 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You think thats expensive, you try getting a completely new connection to a house (via new cabling).

One of our clients just had a quote for around £15000 for 100 metres of cable. BT wouldn't even have to dig the trench, just put the cable in it and connect up. Shocking, really is.
jas-tec

3rd Aug 08 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i live in a flate the main box is in the corridor out side ever ones main box is in hall way not me i think they neaver put on in i be paying 125 thursday
dannymccann

3rd Aug 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved into my new place which had a phone line present, however none of the wires were connected up. I phoned them up, they ran some sort of test over the phone (dubious tbh) and then said, o no its ok, the line is working in your place, we will send an engineer out to install a phone socket for you, free of charge?
jas-tec

4th Aug 08 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi is there a way to do it on line aftear the bt work is done then u got to pay the full 125
chloe16v

4th Aug 08 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my old house we didnt have a box or anything so they had to put the wire in fit box ect cost £25
jas-tec

4th Aug 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.globaltelecomuk.com/bt-line-rental.htm

been there hade call from them comeing out next week bt is @hit
Russ

4th Aug 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i _think_ if you get sky, they will sort it out with bt and reimburse you with the connection money

[Edited on 04-08-2008 by Russ]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Aug 08 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we were moving from virgin to sky so rang bt up

we had no socket at all said it would be free but if they came and found a box it would be £130
jas-tec

6th Aug 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the point of joineing up sky when u pay more lol.thought they was comeing out next week thought wrong they all like bt

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » bt 25 database queries in 0.0162280 seconds