corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My First House

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My First House
welshdude

User status: Offline
1st Aug 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After 10 weeks of solicitor and estate agent delays I finally got the keys to my new house last Friday. Needs some work before I move in with my girlfiend, mainly decorating as the house is only 20 years old.

I've taken out the dado rail and stripped all the wall paper from the walls, replaced all the doors as they were 80's office brown, the picture below is of my dad pressure washing the tiles back to their original colour. Not bad for a weeks work.

Going to start painting the ceiling over the weekend and then the walls of the living room, going to have a feature wall painted brown. Every other room in the house is being painted magnolia to bring it up to date.

Also bought a new kitchen from MFI, cost 2K and that doesn't include any of the appliances so its a good thing my gf is paying for it!

pow
Premium Member

1st Aug 08 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks smart.

Get that room converted back into a garage straight away :coolP:
Kathryn W

1st Aug 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks quite big!!

I've been in mine now 2 weeks today.

Finished off decorating the living/dining room, concentrating on the main bedroom now before we move in and then carry on the decorating when we're there!! Can be hard work, especially after a long hard day at work... but worth it in the end!
Colin

1st Aug 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice Gaff
Andrew

2nd Aug 08 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Niceone mate

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
Can be hard work, especially after a long hard day at work... but worth it in the end!

I shall be doing my bedroom and bathroom again soon. I'll do the bathroom but the bedroom is just too much work. I'll be fucked after moving all the stuff out the room. One for my uncle Mick i think.
BYRON

4th Aug 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks smart. Would have moved the car to avoid any grit/dirt dropping on it mind you.
Whittie

6th Aug 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like an ace first house, fair play

New Poll