corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » headgasket GRR

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author headgasket GRR
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out into the 306 runner this morning

smell burning a little down the road, looking on the bright side, smells funny around here lol, a little farther smoke coming from my air vents choke choke choke, temp quage isnt even off the very coldest yet so i pull in thinkin i may be on fire.

open bonnet everything looks fine. hosess feel ok

back in car start up, smoke everywhere, drive back up home, about 2 miles and now the quage is sitting at 80 (10 up on scale)

so i quess my 306 needs a headgasket and is now officially dead
Coakley-16

22nd Jul 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's bollocks init m8 i need my head gasket done on my corsa too m8, people are saying its going to cost me £400 to get done from a garage i ant got that sort of money to spend on a car just so it runs lol, i'm trying to find someone private close by like someone who could do it as a friend on a cheap side.
Spoons

22nd Jul 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a corsa for nearly 2k a few months ago and after having it a few weeks the head went on it, it took the garage a month to get it back on the road... luckely it was under warrenty so it did not cost me a penny
STEvieXE

22nd Jul 08 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my 306 has over 202k on it and a few other problems so its now dead and will not be resurrected

need something to drive now asap grr
fazza

22nd Jul 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Coakley-16
It's bollocks init m8 i need my head gasket done on my corsa too m8, people are saying its going to cost me £400 to get done from a garage i ant got that sort of money to spend on a car just so it runs lol, i'm trying to find someone private close by like someone who could do it as a friend on a cheap side.

wont be cheap mate as will no doubt need the head skimming and checking over
ed

22nd Jul 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger seal
Iain M

22nd Jul 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insulation Tape

and don't laugh as thats what caused me to part with £570 quid.
richc

22nd Jul 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsagsi16vplym
quote:

wont be cheap mate as will no doubt need the head skimming and checking over

Im sure my head only cost me 35 quid to get skimmed. Hours labour on a brideport or something!
waters

22nd Jul 08 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

400 quid shocking!.......did mine myself, gasket 20 quid, head bolts 15 quid and took head to local engineers who charged me 20 quid to have it skimmed!.....so 55 quid all done and dusted
deano87

22nd Jul 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

202k miles though
fazza

22nd Jul 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by waters
quote:

400 quid shocking!.......did mine myself, gasket 20 quid, head bolts 15 quid and took head to local engineers who charged me 20 quid to have it skimmed!.....so 55 quid all done and dusted

thought cost more than that to have them skimmed and tested
waters

22nd Jul 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsagsi16vplym
quote:
Originally posted by waters
quote:

thought cost more than that to have them skimmed and tested

tested?....didn't bother, just skimmed and i put it back on

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » headgasket GRR 22 database queries in 0.0156682 seconds