corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance trouble

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance trouble
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
18th Jul 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother was having a rather spirited shot of my car, and got pulled by undercover.

Now he should of been insured on the insurance policy, but for some reason, theres 2 of me on the policy, when it should be me, my mum and my brother.

The police are trying to charge him with no insurance, but its the insurance companies fault, he should of been on the policy.

We are going to phone them tomorrow, but could they just say no, hes not insured, and he ends up getting points?
Twiggy

18th Jul 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a recording of the call where you wanted him on the policy?

it might be your fault for not checking he docs when they got sent?
ChrisBoom

18th Jul 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
get a recording of the call where you wanted him on the policy?

it might be your fault for not checking he docs when they got sent?

Cant remember, but he should be on it.

Yeah, I just assumed they would be OK, fucking quinn direct
Twiggy

18th Jul 08 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he has his own is insurance policy then maybe he is insured on his?
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 08 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he is insured on your car, it should be on your documents. If not, then ask for recording of a call. However, if he isn't insured on it, then a "spirited" drive is his own doing Chris. He'll get 8 points for no insurance, and at least 3 for speeding
ChrisBoom

18th Jul 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, he should be insured on it, he would never of driven the car if he knew he wasnt insured, thats why its even worse

Wasnt even speeding, he got excited at a roundabout
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 08 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well mate, my gf's bro phoned his insurance company and they said he was insured on his gf's car. He got stopped for a spot check and wasn't insured at all. He phoned the company and they "lost half the phonecall log" and was banned for 6 months. Word of warning, companies don't always tell the truth.
ChrisBoom

18th Jul 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh fook

Hopefully the court will take it into consideration, as he really wouldnt drive the car if he wasnt insured, and we all thought he was, he should of been.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jul 08 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The details are on the policy doc, which you should have read and adjusted if it was wrong. If it has his name on, great. If not then he's not insured. Does he not have third party on his own policy?
ChrisBoom

18th Jul 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The details are on the policy doc, which you should have read and adjusted if it was wrong. If it has his name on, great. If not then he's not insured. Does he not have third party on his own policy?

Checked the documents, and hes not on it, but he was defo added, it musnt of gone through. So hes likely to get bollocked, even though he didnt intenionally go out with no insurance?

Yeah, hes got his own car on TPFT.
JohnNI

18th Jul 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.jon44w.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=170757

Interesting read for you, I wouldn't use them. They have a shocking way of running a business, had trouble with them myself.

There pretty well known over here for being useless.

[Edited on 18-07-2008 by JohnNI]
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jul 08 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not about intent, it's about whether he has it or not and the onus is on him, or indeed you, to check that he does via the paper copy of your documents. Obviously the company haven't effected the change - but that doesn't alter the offence.

Was he on the policy from the start or have you attempted to add him on?
LeeM

18th Jul 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he's not on the documents how did you think he was insured?
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 08 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Checked the documents, and hes not on it, but he was defo added, it musnt of gone through. So hes likely to get bollocked, even though he didnt intenionally go out with no insurance?

Yeah, hes got his own car on TPFT.

Sorry mate, but he's fucked. If it's not on your documents, then that's your own responsibilty for not looking them over properly. He'll get bumped silly.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jul 08 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well - judging by that other thread the company have form for inefficiency and my other thoughts are that if you added him and paid more, the money may have left your account. If you've paid for it then you are in a significantly better position.
LeeM

18th Jul 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Well - judging by that other thread the company have form for inefficiency and my other thoughts are that if you added him and paid more, the money may have left your account. If you've paid for it then you are in a significantly better position.

but if they paid and received doumentation without the named driver added they should of amended it. as much the policy holders fault as the insurer really unfortunately
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Jul 08 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH nothing suprises me about quinn direct anmore. still owe me a small fortune, years on they havent paid out for a mates car, still hear the same story time and time again about them cancelling policies for silly reasons and usually without informing the policy holder........
Ben G

19th Jul 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how could you not know he wasn't insured on your policy?

when my insurance doc's came through i looked over them to make sure the car, level of cover, NCB discount, price, named drivers and personal details were all correct.

i thougth that was common practice?
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jul 08 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's also your legal obligation. Having said that, my expectation as a consumer would be that if I've spent the money the service is in place.
richc

19th Jul 08 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
if he has his own is insurance policy then maybe he is insured on his?

But the car being driven needs to have the 'any driver' term.
ChrisBoom

19th Jul 08 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I could get a bollocking too for letting him drive the car, even though I thought he was insured?
JamesGSi

19th Jul 08 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no you will be fine, but he will get bummed, your own fault for not checkin your proposal sheet! there is nothing either you can do as its there word against yours and who do you think they wil belive? a little person or a big-ish company? i no which on i will put my money down for, so bite the bullit and make it be a learnt lesson, my old insurance company(admiral) voided my insurance as my car was too low, as it got crashed into and they assessed it, they bummed me out of loads of money and voided the claim aswell as the insurance, oh and guess who iam with now? YEP Quinn Direct PMSL, Anyway, i dont stay with insurance compaies for more then a year now, always BETTER companies out there!
B3KAN

19th Jul 08 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
So I could get a bollocking too for letting him drive the car, even though I thought he was insured?

Just tell them he stole it you will be fine

Is he not covered thru his work to drive anycar?

[Edited on 19-07-2008 by B3KAN]
lee2004_

19th Jul 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

QUINN! Im with them and i got pulled yesterday and im on the policy twice and my dad once, but on my documents its just one of each!! they are retarded
Jordan C

19th Jul 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos ur bro insured with?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance trouble 22 database queries in 0.0137198 seconds