corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Saturday/Sunday league thread 08/09

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Saturday/Sunday league thread 08/09
nik

User status: Offline
17th Jul 08 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I would start a new one as pre season is well underway Good luck guys and girls for the new season

I've recently signed for Worthing United, first friendly is this Tuesday against lower division Southwick. Have Horsham in a couple of weeks which will be a good match.

Aim for season - to be a regular in midfield, and notch a few more goals than last couple of seasons! Hoping we can finish in a top 10 spot although will be tough.
Danny P

17th Jul 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First pre-season training last night, to say im aching today is an understatment

Same league as we finished mid-table last year due to injuries & having to play 7 games in 2 weeks & the end of the season due to posponements, kinda run out of steam playing everyothe day for 2 weeks.

Playing for same team as last year, won manager's player of the season so hoping to keep up the same good form. My main aim is to score a few goals this season. Played centre midfield for 90% of last season and didn't manage a single goal
J da Silva

17th Jul 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pre-season started this week, after a long spell in Brazil just relaxing it's been a tough week, as I play 6aside on Monday and Thursday's, training for Wickersley FC County Seniors on Tuesday's, Training for my Sunday team on a Wednesday plus games on Saturday and Sunday so I'm in for a hard season I think, however all the 6aside games and training is all on a 3G pitch so not bad on the ankles and knees.
nik

17th Jul 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had training on Tues/Thurs for last few weeks now, how come you started so late? Then again our season starts in about a month!
RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing good on sunday league pub team style again this season Have changed teams though to join a team which consists of about 10 of my close mates from school.

Been training Tuesday with the team and Thursday as a cardio season for about 3 weeks now.

Alot of us go on holiday a week on froday so pre-season freindlies have been postponed til week come back. Have kept a decent level of fitness up mind with gym etc so feeling quite good.
Jill
Premium Member

18th Jul 08 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I've recently signed for Worthing United

Hey well done Nick Worthing United are a good little team in the sussex league division one I think Paul Curtis is their manager isn't he? (no doubt you can correct me if I'm wrong though )

JILL
Danny P

18th Jul 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I've had training on Tues/Thurs for last few weeks now, how come you started so late? Then again our season starts in about a month!

Basicaly our Coach went on Holiday for 3 weeks & nobody else could be arsed to start until he got back

First game is a week on Sunday
J da Silva

18th Jul 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik

Because we've had problems with securing the training area and home ground to play friendlies, local council were taking a laid back approach to our applications.
nik

19th Jul 08 at 03:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by nik

Hey well done Nick Worthing United are a good little team in the sussex league division one I think Paul Curtis is their manager isn't he? (no doubt you can correct me if I'm wrong though )

JILL

Jill how the hell do you know Paul? But year your right! I think they are hoping for a better season this year after finishing down near the bottom 4-5 last season. Got some handy young players from what I've seen thus far.
Jill
Premium Member

19th Jul 08 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by nik

JILL

Jill how the hell do you know Paul? But year your right! I think they are hoping for a better season this year after finishing down near the bottom 4-5 last season. Got some handy young players from what I've seen thus far.

Yes and they have you too now hahahaha!

JILL
nik

20th Jul 08 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The words handy and young count me out My Brother is training with Colliers Wood United on Tues, think he might be playing against AFC Wimbledon on Weds so I'll prob pop up there to watch!

When you coming to watch me Jill??
Jill
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Um I'll check my diary...

JILL
gianluigi

23rd Jul 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last night at training our manager went through some bollocks about the principals of attack.

movement, dispersal, depth, width, distance, penetration and fianlly innovation.

he noted there the team had a couple of innovaters....we all looked at one player in particular as he's awesome. but the manager pointed to me and said i was a good innovater, i made things happen.

a confidence boost there finally a manager who knows what he's doing.

would never get that kind of recognition on my sunday team, simply because the majority havnt got a clue
nik

26th Jul 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worthing United 4 - 3 Newhaven

Cracking pre season game against Newhaven who are two leagues below us in Sussex county 3 - All of their goals came from awful defensive errors, but your's truly popped up with the winner 5 mins from time.

Cross came in, one touch past the onrushing keeper, and a cool left footed finish leaving the defender on the line with no chance Southwick next for us on Tuesday night from division 2..
Danny P

26th Jul 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First friendly tomorrow.

Its one of the players engagement do tonight, so I cant see it going so well tomorrow, especially if it's this hot
Danny P

27th Jul 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 8-5 in above mentioned pre-season friendly. Team we played were a league about us as well so fairly pleased.

Was just nice to get a full run out & play 11-a-side again, forgot how hard it is with a hangover though
Carl

3rd Aug 08 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played our first friendly today, came on second half as centre half, Weird as haven't played in defence for years, had a go at eating my own tongue after slipping into someones elbow, so defo time to invest in some moudlies, apart from that did ok, we won 4-1, managed to get an assist, played quite a few nice through balls.
TomWilly

3rd Aug 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started pre season training for a new team, working on fitness mostly in the past few weeks.

Not sure if I will fit into the 1st team or reserves. Ideally the reserves to start with plus im not a big lad so using my strength could hold me back.

Not enough people at training to make 2 teams at the moment but will see how we get on.

nik

4th Aug 08 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Season starts this Saturday! Opener at home to newly promoted Lingfield, bring it on
gianluigi

4th Aug 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what position do you play, nik?
nik

5th Aug 08 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Central midfield, or forward.
RyanSxi

12th Aug 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, we're all back from holiday now and hopefully have a friendly tomorrow night and sunday morning. Went for a jog last night and dont seem to have lost much fitness while away which is good.

Got a training session tonight and also have to pay our subs for the season
RyanSxi

13th Aug 08 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got our first pre season friendly tonight kick off at 6:30. Since it's a new team im playing for the manager has only seen me play twice.

last night he asked me to play a holding midfield role so I can basically keep the ball moving and get the passing going. Apparently that was a problem for them last season, not enough passing/movement.

We are missing a couple of players mind. 1 is on holiday for a week and 2 have broken there arms in the last month

Hope we don't get hammered tonight I will try and score
Robbo

13th Aug 08 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No more boring a position Ryan! Although on the plus side if you are a good player then you barely have to venture out of the centre circle
Tom

13th Aug 08 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree robbo and if he gets his position right his position is a good place to build the team round it's hardly likely in sunday league that the team will be that strict about there positions that he'll never leave the the cnetre circle

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Saturday/Sunday league thread 08/09 23 database queries in 0.1047020 seconds