corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Standard bumper onto GSi bumper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Standard bumper onto GSi bumper
chris_rosso

User status: Offline
9th Jul 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, would it e possible to chop the top part where the grill fits with the mounts off a standard post 97 bumper and then plastic weld it onto a gsi bumper?
My current gsi bumper has had the badge recess smoothed but it has crack due to hitting vermin on the road lol, also the grille doesnt fit correctly.
I was just wondering if the above could be done? Thanks
FruitBooTeR

9th Jul 08 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt really make sense mate you mean like this??

LukeD

9th Jul 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it can be possible.

But maybe it might be easier just re smoothing and smoothing the inner corners of the gsi grill area so its similar to a post97 bumper top section
chris_rosso

9th Jul 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i think am gunna av another go at smoothing it n putting some more fibre glass round the back of the badge recess to give it a bit more strength. Also my bumper sits a bit low with quite a gap below the lights/wings n i cnt get it to sit higher, any suggestions?
LukeD

9th Jul 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_rosso
Yea i think am gunna av another go at smoothing it n putting some more fibre glass round the back of the badge recess to give it a bit more strength. Also my bumper sits a bit low with quite a gap below the lights/wings n i cnt get it to sit higher, any suggestions?

Yeah will be the cheaper option that. And as for the bumper sitting low. i dont think ive seen another corsa with a different bumper on the front that sits 100% perfect. mines the same mate. slight panel gap.

New Poll