corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Getting xbox live through a mobile broadband modem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting xbox live through a mobile broadband modem
Mertin

User status: Offline
4th Jul 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anway this can be achieved?

Use 3 mobile broadband, to connect iv to plug the modem into the laptop, open the application and connect

Got my mates xbox for 3 months while hes away to sea and was wondering if there was anyway to get onto xbox live using the modem, like plugging it into the laptop, connecting and getting a router or something to plug in to make the signal wireless then pick it up from the xbox?
Shane

4th Jul 08 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plug it into laptop,
get an rj45 lead i think its called and your away
Robbo

4th Jul 08 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask Brett, IIRC you can sue the 3 one for xbox
James_DT

4th Jul 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can, just share the connection on the laptop, connect the two and away you go. You can setup the 3 modem to auto dial, so you don't need to open the program and hit connect, too.
Mertin

4th Jul 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
You can, just share the connection on the laptop, connect the two and away you go. You can setup the 3 modem to auto dial, so you don't need to open the program and hit connect, too.

SO connect it on the laptop and get a lead to go from laptop to xbox?
How can I set it to auto dial? Been through the connections and couldnt see the option

[Edited on 04-07-2008 by Mertin]
Pucci1

4th Jul 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you gonna piss so many people off with ur lag, last time i used em they were very very very slow
James_DT

4th Jul 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by James_DT

SO connect it on the laptop and get a lead to go from laptop to xbox?
How can I set it to auto dial? Been through the connections and couldnt see the option

[Edited on 04-07-2008 by Mertin]

Yeah. Share the internet connection, and then a lead from the laptop to the Xbox. Or wireless, if available.

I can't remember exactly without a Windows computer in front of me. The Three software adds an entry to the Dial Up Networking for it, go in to the options and there's an option to dial automatically when needed.
If not, add a new dial up connection using the Three modem with the number *#99# and tick the option.

New Poll