corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c engine conversion?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c engine conversion?
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
30th Jun 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have my old corsa c 1.4 sri back, the engine has seen better days and well its altogether boring after owning my vtr, looking into engine conversions?

possible

c20xe?
z18xe?
z20let?

any other ideas or suggestions? pros and cons? prices? any reputable convertors?

any info appreciated basicly
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being 19/20 years old it will be difficult to get insured on a let. Z18 seems a popular option.
taylorboosh

30th Jun 08 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont i get a redtop cheaper and it would be more powerfull?
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could do, i was just thinking about insurance for you.

I cant remember if somebody said that redtops are an arse to get in C's. Might just be me.
taylorboosh

30th Jun 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remembered that also, seen 1 with nightmare wiring
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're going for a 1.8 you might aswell chop in your car for a fully spec SRI.

I'd say go for the Z20LET, Theres someone up north whos shit hot with the conversions.. I'm sure stavs will come online soon and tell you
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Theres someone up north whos shit hot with the conversions.. I'm sure stavs will come online soon and tell you

Beardy?
willay
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not beardy, though he probably does them?
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He does C20LET conversions, cant see Z20's being THAT different.
willay
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you can't
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

30th Jun 08 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's done one or two zlets i think.

Not any zleh's though
Barbosa

30th Jun 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh

30th Jun 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Barbosa

do u knowwho did this conversion? how much? i fancy red top most of all, looks cheapest option tbh, z20 let is in my dream world tbh as said i couldnt insure it
BeArDy

30th Jun 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are a few people who have done and are going conversion into Corsa C's inc myself.
The main problem is the newer systems they have put on the Corsa C's so each conversion (newer or older engine) has its pro's and con's.
The main thing with no matter what engine you go for is its never going to be as cheap as a Corsa B conversion maybe in 2-3 years time when everything to do the conversion is off shelf cheap and everywhere but at the moment there are still only a handful of Corsa C's with engine conversions.

The person up north who you are thinking about is Jay@Nortech who has done he mates with both the Z20LET and the VXR engine (forgot engine code), Jay is a mate of mine and lives not to far. An like with anything new people need as much advice as they can and jay has shown me alot on the corsa c conversions.

Like with anything where there is a market and not may people doing the work then you can charge threw the noise, reason why regal/courtney used to charge 6k for a 2lt 16v engine swop in the begining.

taylorboosh

30th Jun 08 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
They are a few people who have done and are going conversion into Corsa C's inc myself.
The main problem is the newer systems they have put on the Corsa C's so each conversion (newer or older engine) has its pro's and con's.
The main thing with no matter what engine you go for is its never going to be as cheap as a Corsa B conversion maybe in 2-3 years time when everything to do the conversion is off shelf cheap and everywhere but at the moment there are still only a handful of Corsa C's with engine conversions.

The person up north who you are thinking about is Jay@Nortech who has done he mates with both the Z20LET and the VXR engine (forgot engine code), Jay is a mate of mine and lives not to far. An like with anything new people need as much advice as they can and jay has shown me alot on the corsa c conversions.

Like with anything where there is a market and not may people doing the work then you can charge threw the noise, reason why regal/courtney used to charge 6k for a 2lt 16v engine swop in the begining.

can you d a redtop top corsa c conversion? how much?
Barbosa

30th Jun 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no...i dont know who do this conversion...

but some1 else on this board have any experience on it.... i think

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c engine conversion? 22 database queries in 0.0094719 seconds