corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Cheapest Place for a PS3???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheapest Place for a PS3???
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
25th Jun 08 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The missus has decided she wants a blue ray player as she has seen the quality of the movies at a friends house. Obviously I have seen this as the perfect opportunity to purchase a PS3 however she feels a standalone player will suffice and the fact I already have a Wii and 360 thinks I'm just being greedy. However at £250 for a standalone am I right in think I could have a PS3 bundle for not alot more? Would the Standalone be any better a Blue ray player than a PS3?
Reedy

25th Jun 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
The missus has decided she wants a blue ray player as she has seen the quality of the movies at a friends house. Obviously I have seen this as the perfect opportunity to purchase a PS3 however she feels a standalone player will suffice and the fact I already have a Wii and 360 thinks I'm just being greedy. However at £250 for a standalone am I right in think I could have a PS3 bundle for not alot more? Would the Standalone be any better a Blue ray player than a PS3?

where are you getting it for 250?
Cavey

25th Jun 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a samsung one at Currys for £250 at the moment i think?

There was a thread the other day about the quality of the PS3's Blu-ray player, and people were saying it's very good anyway, so for an extra £50 it's worth the PS3 imo
John

25th Jun 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ps3's player will be better than the 250 standalone.
JM Curdy

25th Jun 08 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

269 for a ps3 + singstar and ratchet and clank from empire direct
Mad Moe

25th Jun 08 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe

where are you getting it for 250?

Actually it was £230 from herehttp://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=13810

Would the PS3 be a better player than the one in the link?
xa0s
Banned

25th Jun 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The PS3 is the best Blu-ray player at the moment.
ash_corsa

25th Jun 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
The PS3 is the best Blu-ray player at the moment.

I dont think thats quite true mate, its the best in its price category, not the best out of them all, such as the Denon 3800BD (£1599)

The early Sony blu-ray players (standalone not PS3) are pretty slow and prone to freezing, the new Panasonic BD30 is a very good unit for the cash, but if you are in the market for standalone BD player, try and get one with an ethernet port, just makes it easier for software updates which could be quite common when the technology evolves a bit.

New Poll