corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House hunting. 2nd time

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House hunting. 2nd time
WATSON

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 08 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the hell is it such a paint in the arse! Never had any problems looking for property till now

Me and the girl are looking at our first house the now, Looking to rent just now see how things go

by god i can tell its going to be money money money
dannymccann

22nd Jun 08 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renting is on the up atm due to people not wanting to buy houses due to 'negative equity' and the fact that its so difficult to get a mortgage, therefore the suply of good rented houses will be going quick should think?
Kathryn W

22nd Jun 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with the above
Colin

22nd Jun 08 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just now there seems to be loads of houses on the market not shifting, prices being slashed, lots going to a fixed price offer, even on brand new houses their offering very good offers to get you to sign, ive seen people get offered a 4 bed for the price of a 3 off one builder & also get half their mortgage paid for by them for 2 years

Just now, if you can get a mortgage is a great time to buy.
mattk

22nd Jun 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now is the time to buy, this will last for 6 - 12 months

I wouldnt bother my arse renting, if you CAN buy DO buy

as Col said as well on the site ive been working on they are shitting them selves cause they have 27 houses all finished and sparkling and they cant sell them, they are knocking out all the deals Colin said and I reckon you could negaotiate more off if you tried
Russ

22nd Jun 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

negative equity isnt an issue if your buying a house to live in for years and years.
Kathryn W

22nd Jun 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's 2 houses for sale around the one i just bought, a 3 bed semi with large drive and garage, need modernisation although doesnt have a chain. Was originally up for £119,500 now on for £113,000... Only needs cosmestic things so thats a bargain in itself.

Another is one me and gaz went and viewed, was a 2 bed end terraced needs some work doing, think it has damp was originally up for £104,000 is now up for £96,000.. These have changed within the month..

Both bargains for people that can be bothered spending a little bit of there own money making the place nice.

I would definatly say this is the time to buy, we've bought our house and it already has posotive equatity..
AndyKent

22nd Jun 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work with in a land and property consultants. They're all saying the last of the price drops is yet to happen, certainly no price rises in the next 6 months MINIMUM. They don't say this to clients though

If you can wait a bit you might find even more bargains about
John

22nd Jun 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prices in Scotland are still going up though so none of that is much use to watson.
mattk

22nd Jun 08 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ENGLAND FTW !!!!!11!!!1
Colin

22nd Jun 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Prices in Scotland are still going up though so none of that is much use to watson.

Id say were experiencing a slump in the market, properties are taking longer to sell, loads for sale, loads on a fixed price as no interest at o/o. Several sites have closed down production as their not selling.

Its trying times to say the least, great position if your a 1st time buyer with a bit of cash behind you & tick all the boxes to get a mortgage, however if your looking to sell its very worrying indeed. Think im going to wait a year before doing anything drastic, plenty good deals about.....but would mine sell without having to take a hit!!!?

New Poll