corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Cant get my OBD Code reader to work??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cant get my OBD Code reader to work??
dannymccann

User status: Offline
11th Jun 08 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought this off ebay a little while ago, cannot get the fecker to work. Ive had to buy a Serial (RS232) - USB converter as I dont have an ancient computer that has a serial port.

For the life of me I cannot get the thing to work. It just will not recognise the car is plugged into it Is it because of my adapter? Im trying to send it back cos I have had the codes read regardless so dont need it anymore anyways....but i would like to keep it if i can get it to work. Im fairly sure it isnt broken, as when I plug it in it generates a little heat, so I assume there is power going through it....
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

11th Jun 08 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most of them dont work. hence the reason garages spend over £2500 a year on 'proper' diagnostic tools.
Richie

11th Jun 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They usually work fine for Corsa's.

It's more than likely the USB convertor giving you hassle. Even the brand new Fujitsu lappy I have sat infront of me has a serial port.

Ask someone who has a lappy if you can borrow it.
dannymccann

11th Jun 08 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to borrow my GF's dad's, its properly ancient and has a port on it, hopefully will work through that. Its my 2001 Astra btw, not a Corsa, but you get faster responses on here than on astra sport etc, cos u guys rule
johnhara1

12th Jun 08 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be your converter! your code reader wont like going through it.

You ort to find a shitty old laptop \ PC that has a serial port and it will work fine.
dannymccann

12th Jun 08 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye doing so, my "old man in law" has an ancient lappy so ill have a go on that

New Poll