corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Idea's for my garage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Idea's for my garage?
stubs

User status: Offline
6th Jun 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm moving back up to Bolton again soon and the first job is to tidy out my garage and make it a pleasant place to work in.

Am trying to blag one of the 40" LCD's from work before I leave, and that will be going up on the wall in there so I can blast out some MTV

I've currently got my old kitchen units in there along one side, with a nice worktop on. There's quite a few extra plug sockets and some lighting.

I'm thinking about tiling the floor. I like this idea as it makes it look clean, but I'm worried it may make it a little too slippy... maybe have to look into using textured tiles?

Then I would like to cover the brickwork with plasterboard and paint it all nice. The lights will be improved and possibly added to the walls also.

As the garage isn't wide enough to get a car into, I will be buying a bike stand/lift and using the garage for storing and working on my bikes.

Does anyone have any ideas and pictures of what can be done?

Here are a couple of pics to show how it currently looks (ignore the bikes, kart, engines and the muppet - they've gone now)

Tommy L

6th Jun 08 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn it into a guys game/playroom But make it functionally so things can be moved easily so you can work on your bikes etc..
stubs

7th Jun 08 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
Turn it into a guys game/playroom But make it functionally so things can be moved easily so you can work on your bikes etc..

Neah, got the house for that... its my own place so can do what I want there

Besides, its not a massive garage, there's not much room in there with the units and my toolbox, plus I plan to buy a compressor and welder. I want to have the place totally clutter free as it used to be a nightmare working on my crossers in there before.

It's gonna also be used to strip my R6 down to a frame over winter so I can have the frame & swing arm powdercoated. Gonna want to have storage for the parts where they can be safe & easily identified for the build up.
MikeE

7th Jun 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

massonery paint the walls white will make it brighter and paint the garage floor with garage floor paint will make a big difference. for parts storage get some plastic bins that clip on to a metal bracket
Fee

9th Jun 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't bother boarding the walls...that will just make it even smaller....as said, just masonry paint.
Don't tile the floor either....drop a tool and that's a tile broken
R Lee

10th Jun 08 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got floor paint down on mine. So much easier to keep clean now. The amount of dust that used to build up drove me mental.
stubs

10th Jun 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about those interlocking floor tiles that are made from plastic? I'm bothered as the floor is tarmac rather than concrete... its ver soft in comparison, and I've found that its better to spread the load if something heavy is on it.
As an example, when I went to move my tool chest after only about 6 months, its casters were sunk into the concrete about half way I have since placed some old kitchen floor tiles under each caster and its sat there fine with no sinkage.
John

10th Jun 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costco have the plastic interlocking tiles in atm.
stubs

10th Jun 08 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah wicked cheers.. do you know how much?
John

10th Jun 08 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naa can't remember i'll be in at some point this week and have a look.
stubs

11th Jun 08 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool thanks!
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Jun 08 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have slate tiles on my garage floor. Plastered all the walls. Added a LCD connected to my media center and some speakers and a sub

R Lee

11th Jun 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That isn't really a garage now though
Its virtually a spare bedroom.
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Jun 08 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is still used as a Garage, my car goes in there.
Its nice to wax your car in the winter in the garage with the heater and music on
The floor tiles i got at a good price and as they are non slip naturally they seemed a good idea.
The door on the left used to lead to a cupboard, but we have now fitted a garage toilet.
John

11th Jun 08 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you keep anything you might need to use in a garage?
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Jun 08 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cupboard on the left with the half height door. In there is quite a lot of space and its nearly full height when u get in there. Just the door looked better like that.
stubs

13th Jun 08 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chumbly, that's kinda how I was thinking originally, but with all my floor & wall units in there, and my bike stand & toolchest

Also gonna mount a router into the worktop so I can crack on with a few fibreglass builds in my spare time.

[Edited on 13-06-2008 by stubs]
ed

13th Jun 08 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't go for tiles on the floor, you can get some really good thick floor paint from B&Q which is like resin when it goes off. It's what I plan on putting down in my garage to seal the floor in...
stubs

15th Jun 08 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well in all honesty, the point that Fee made about dropping tools has put be off ceramic tiles. I'm shit when it comes to dropping things, especially as I was often pissed when I was rebuilding my crossers

I like the sound of that stuff... do you know what its called?
ed

17th Jun 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just floor paint or laquer depending on the brand. Get the gloss because it is thicker and gloopier than the satin stuff which makes it really heavy wearing.

New Poll