corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New iPhone - June 9th

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New iPhone - June 9th
Robbo

User status: Offline
10th Jun 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the time for me, but then it doesnt cost me anyhting :/
Dom

10th Jun 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
No MMS still

No my N95 (8GB) doesnt blue etc :/

Yeha it is on PAYG

iPhone does support 3G BUT O2 only have 80% 3G coverage :/

ok it doesn't official support MMS but it does do it, theres a few Apps out there.
N95 suffers from photos being tinted, it's a firmware issue, enough hits on google about it.
And all networks offer around (and atleast) 80% 3G cover......
Robbo

10th Jun 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, 3 and Vodaofne have almost full 3G coverage

Orange and T-Mobile have good 3G but O2 barely managed to meet OfComs deadline for having at least 80% 3G coverage

My 8GB M95 hasnt any problems on tiniting but i only use it for quick shots etc so doesn tbother me
bubble

10th Jun 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No, 3 and Vodaofne have almost full 3G coverage

Orange and T-Mobile have good 3G but O2 barely managed to meet OfComs deadline for having at least 80% 3G coverage

My 8GB M95 hasnt any problems on tiniting but i only use it for quick shots etc so doesn tbother me

and with the announcement the other week, things are getting better!!!

o2 did get a partial fine for not having met deadline, but theyre getting there..........albeit a bit slow
Robbo

10th Jun 08 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed!!
Brabus

11th Jun 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any news on trade-in's in the UK yet, in other countries they seem to be offering to upgrage version one to the 3G for around £100 squid.

[Edited on 11-06-2008 by Brabus]
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brabus
Is there any news on trade-in's in the UK yet, in other countries they seem to be offering to upgrage version one to the 3G for around £100 squid.

that wont happen here!!!
Kurt

11th Jun 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

that wont happen here!!!

02 are offering to upgrade people early to it
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
quote:
quote:

that wont happen here!!!

i know.

o2 will let u pay for the new phone now, whack another 18months on ur contract and have u in contract for 24 months.

theyre so kind
jacko198

11th Jun 08 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you can upgrade, but you have to sign up to another 24 months
Jules

11th Jun 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that wont happen here!!!

i know.

o2 will let u pay for the new phone now, whack another 18months on ur contract and have u in contract for 24 months.

theyre so kind

Like Vodafone, Orange, T-mobile, Three etc wouldn;t do exactly the same!
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that wont happen here!!!

i know.

theyre so kind

Like Vodafone, Orange, T-mobile, Three etc wouldn;t do exactly the same!

no, we never charge if someone wants to commit over 18months.
John

11th Jun 08 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if vodafone had the iphone(in the uk) we all know you would be on here saying its the best phone, C'est la vie
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
if vodafone had the iphone(in the uk) we all know you would be on here saying its the best phone, C'est la vie

soooo we refuse the apple contract for the uk, but wish we had it? No. we have many phones that are cack, having the iphone would be adding to the list.

theyd sell of course, but u will never get me praising one. i think theyre pap.
John

11th Jun 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You refused it my arse, not a chance you would have, especially since you are so business oriented and they were saying how its got all the business functions now.

I don't like the iphone at all but you'd be on here telling us how its the best phone in the world if they had managed to get it instead of o2.
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You refused it my arse, not a chance you would have, especially since you are so business oriented and they were saying how its got all the business functions now.

I don't like the iphone at all but you'd be on here telling us how its the best phone in the world if they had managed to get it instead of o2.

yes. we refused it.(first one) we werent prepared to agree to a contract where we had to charge £270 for a phone that had no 3g,no mms, no bluetooth multi-lateral compatability,no user removable battery etc etc. we told apple initially when a second gen phone came out we'd more than likely take it. we agreed to 2nd gen iphone in europe and oz, because the culture there will pay for phones. in the uk people wanted everythin for free.

refusing the iphone assisted vodafone, we got handsets made exclusive for us, we increased ou ARPU, and since the iphone launch, o2s churn rate has increased-the reason being they wouldnt give iphone handsets for free to customers who spend £1000's. o2's share price has dropped, as has their customer base. they couldnt meet the agreed 3g coverage either, got fined by ofcom, and are now playing catch up.

i agree, spec wise the iphone is good. but sometimes thinkin outside the box plays wonders.
Joe

11th Jun 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why from a business perspective would Vodafone be as stupid as to refuse the Iphone?! It was obvious that it was going to sell loads, no matter how 'crap' it is. Theres alot of bullshit flying about in here.
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Why from a business perspective would Vodafone be as stupid as to refuse the Iphone?! It was obvious that it was going to sell loads, no matter how 'crap' it is. Theres alot of bullshit flying about in here.

because we'd loose customers. it really is simple.

be honest. ur in a contract payin £35 a month. u have 500 mins 1000 texts, if u rang up voda and wanted the iphone, and we said £270 as an upgrade, oh and ur payin the same each month and getting less, would you say yes to it?

i bet no, unless u wanna be really stubborn.

when we can subsidise to a reasonable price, we would have it.
John

11th Jun 08 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bubblevaux, you are talking shite, end of.

You seem to have been brainwashed by voda, because you sit on a phone selling contracts does not mean you know the ins and outs of the business.

Remember you had seen and played with an actual version of whatever that nokia was called?
Which turned out to be a picture of a concept that a guy had made up
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
bubblevaux, you are talking shite, end of.

You seem to have been brainwashed by voda, because you sit on a phone selling contracts does not mean you know the ins and outs of the business.

Remember you had seen and played with an actual version of whatever that nokia was called?
Which turned out to be a picture of a concept that a guy had made up

i sit on a phone selling contracts? incorrect im afraid, i used too yes. i do project work for device management now amongst a few other things, which involves forthcoming handests and our exclusivity on certain items.

it also involved the iphone. my knowledge on this particular subject is good tbh.

u can say im chatting shit all u want-search the web for churn rates of o2 for the last 12 months, then check ours.

o2 lost customers in the 12 months since iphone launch-vodafone gained. our churn was the lowest in the uk, all this information was released about 2 weeks ago, the same time as the uk networks anounced yearly profits, and sector shares. its readily available on the net-go search for it
Robbo

11th Jun 08 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, Joe:

Vodafone refused the iPhone contract... simple as.

We didn't want to sign up to a revenue sharing agreement knowing that 50% would see us get ZERO revenue (as has happened with O2/AT&T as 50% aren't on O2/AT&T)

The iPhone may have sold loads but O2 have not done that well out of it as they only get monies when people sign up to a contratc with them, which many have not

Everyone knows we were the main contender at first and then decided against it... Google if you must

Also, iPhone customers are not the kind that we target... we don't target youth as much as O2/T-Mobile... we target higher value customers

An iPhone is NOT business orientated in the slightest... and personally speaking, I wouldnt be saying the iPhone is that great if we had it, as it isnt, simple as!

The new one is much much improved (albeit IMO for me its still far too big to be a proper phone)
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
John, Joe:

Vodafone refused the iPhone contract... simple as.

We didn't want to sign up to a revenue sharing agreement knowing that 50% would see us get ZERO revenue (as has happened with O2/AT&T as 50% aren't on O2/AT&T)

The iPhone may have sold loads but O2 have not done that well out of it as they only get monies when people sign up to a contratc with them, which many have not

Everyone knows we were the main contender at first and then decided against it... Google if you must

Also, iPhone customers are not the kind that we target... we don't target youth as much as O2/T-Mobile... we target higher value customers

An iPhone is NOT business orientated in the slightest... and personally speaking, I wouldnt be saying the iPhone is that great if we had it, as it isnt, simple as!

The new one is much much improved (albeit IMO for me its still far too big to be a proper phone)

Thank you, aside from sharing info from the UKI (which would get me sacked) i was backed into a corner there buddy.
John

11th Jun 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are making it business orientated, it was quite a big pard of the WWDC talk.

If it's not a good model why did they accept the deal in all the other countries they have it
Robbo

11th Jun 08 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact, I'll search our Intranet archive tomorrow for the announcement last year where we pulled out of negotiations with APple

They wanted to go to us as they could use us in all European counties, something they cant do with anyone else (Telefonica/Deutsche Telekom/France Telecom), when we pulled out (and basically are proved right on now as Apple have had to go to a traditional sales model) they decided to go with the market leader in each country... another duff idea really
bubble

11th Jun 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robbo hit the nail on the head. in UHVC (ultra high value) the average CTN (consmer telephone number) spend is £400-£450 a MONTH. we would not risk a £5k a year customer over being forced into charging for a handset.

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll