corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Result on my FRS- JR and other Ford peeps maybe interested...!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rolling Road Result on my FRS- JR and other Ford peeps maybe interested...!
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   2nd May 08 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok for those of you that may be interested I went to a rolling road day organised by the RSOC on Sat 12th April. I wasn't under any illusion that I'd get amazing power figures as my Focus RS was standard apart from the K+N Gen2.

These are the graphs of bhp and boost vs AFR from the rolling road day on Sat 12th April, with just my K+N Gen2 on. As you can see it peaks at 16psi and settles around 12psi, which is shocking and probably due to the actuator being a bit weak:

NB: The Focus RS book value as standard is 212bhp (228lbs/ft torque)

I'd already got an uprated Forge actuator courtesy of and RSOC group buy so that wouldn't be a problem to sort out, but no point getting it fitted unless I have Bluefin (or another type of chip) done as it's better if they're done at the same time. Another problem was that my car was running the AF software (also responsible probably for the poor power result perhaps as well as the actuator) so had to get that sorted as Bluefin etc runs better on the AE software (which was introduced later in the production of the Focus RS). Cue a trip up to Blackpool to NMM to get it sorted by one of the RSOC guys

These are the bhp and boost vs AFR graphs from Wed 30th April, with the following mods: K+N Gen2, Forge DV007p, Forge Actuator (directly connected instead of through the boost solenoid), Bluefin and AE. As you can see it's now boosting at 20psi and settling around 15psi, which is so much better and no doubt on the road those figures will be a tiny bit higher also:

I'm pleasantly suprised with the results as I didn't think I would be running that sort of power- was hoping for perhaps itro 230bhp! Just need to decat now, exhaust and perhaps a manifold, we'll see!

Any comments/constructive critisism welcome

**I apologise for the wonky scannning in advance

JILL

[Edited on 02-05-2008 by Jill]
jr

2nd May 08 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad at all, and you can trust the results considering it was done at TOTD
Tarrantino

2nd May 08 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NICE
Jill
Premium Member

2nd May 08 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
not bad at all, and you can trust the results considering it was done at TOTD

Thanks!

Definitely agree with your TOTD comment. I've always heard good things about these guys and now after having two rolling road sessions with them and them working on my car setting my actuator and boost etc up, I'd definitely recommend them, great bunch of lads

JILL
Robbo

2nd May 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome Jill'th

Richardhhha

2nd May 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you need is...

Surpentine equal length exhaust manifold,
De-cat
3" manifold back system

Drove one before i left ford, was running 360bhp with after market managment.... Was a animal
Jill
Premium Member

2nd May 08 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
what you need is...

Surpentine equal length exhaust manifold,
De-cat
3" manifold back system

Drove one before i left ford, was running 360bhp with after market managment.... Was a animal

Was probably running a GT28 or hybrid turbo too also for that figure, not just after market management

JILL
Richardhhha

2nd May 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i know is it had a lot of stainles under the bonnet. And you had to be very carefull when you put your foot down over 2k as it just reved to 7k in a mater of a second or 2 no mater what gear..... Dangerous to drive but was fun...
Robbo

2nd May 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are so so so so much fun to drive these things!!!!!
myke

2nd May 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

impressive
Fad

2nd May 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a go in one on Tuesday oh my think I shall be chopping in the Clio for one next year!
P1CK4D

2nd May 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Had a go in one on Tuesday oh my think I shall be chopping in the Clio for one next year!

Please do!
Jill
Premium Member

2nd May 08 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Says he who chose a VAG car over an FRS

quote:
Originally posted by Fad

Correct answer! hehe!

JILL

loo_goblin

2nd May 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw FRS and thought you meant fiesta rs, was really impressed until i saw it was a focus
Jill
Premium Member

2nd May 08 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sorry about the confusion with the abbreviation there, it's the rsoc coming out in me Fiesta RS is FRST on there you see

JILL

Robbo

2nd May 08 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:

Says he who chose a VAG car over an FRS

I can't afford to run it day to day to Newbury and back (fuel AND they eat tyres like theres no tomorrow) and I couldn't have afforded another car in addition... saying that, my Dad offered me their Pug 106 for free last week

Otherwise you know I would have!!!!!

[Edited on 02-05-2008 by Robbo]
big eck

2nd May 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty impessive for near standard

Is it true that if you use another Dyno Dynamics rolling road else where in the UK that it will give you the exact same results???
luke85

2nd May 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the rolling not mention anything about how rich the car is running? will be losing power there unless you really need it below 10:1
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd May 08 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

Is it true that if you use another Dyno Dynamics rolling road else where in the UK that it will give you the exact same results???

within a few % yes. Dyno dynamics regularly test the dynos. A car mag did a feature recently and tested a large amount of them with the same car, all were within 5 bhp@ the wheels.
AK

2nd May 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is running fairly rich!!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd May 08 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most of the modern day turbo'd hatches run that rich, its normal to get an astra vxr/golf gti/focus rs in that is running 10's on the AFR.
AK

2nd May 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do they run that rich then? extra cooling or something to prevent any det?

our trackcar runs pretty damn rich and spits flames etc (still not mapped properly)

luke85

2nd May 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon its because manufacturers have to play it safe with the mapping, and so you can run on crap fuel and high temps without det
Whittie

2nd May 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Have to agree. They're really nice car, i love them, If i had enough I would get one, but realise i'm only a few grand short of an S3, so probably will never own one

[Edited on 02-05-2008 by Whittie]
Jill
Premium Member

3rd May 08 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

It's not near standard now though if you read the thread...

quote:
Originally posted by luke85
Did the rolling not mention anything about how rich the car is running? will be losing power there unless you really need it below 10:1

The FRS is known to run a tad rich though. Obviously if you compare it to the 1st rolling road graph (AFR) it's now nowhere near as bad. They didn't seem to think it was a problem and were pleased with the graph and my result overall

JILL

[Edited on 03-05-2008 by Jill]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Result on my FRS- JR and other Ford peeps maybe interested...! 22 database queries in 0.0139880 seconds