corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would a Corsa C steering wheel fit a Non airbag B?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would a Corsa C steering wheel fit a Non airbag B?
Corsa_Scotty

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to get rid of the horrible 2 spoke non airbag steering wheel and replace it with a steering wheel from a corsa C because in the future i will also be doing a C dash conversion and would like to know if the C steering wheel would fit in the mean time? Cheers
fazza

23rd Apr 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol you know how hard dash conversion are mate?
Corsa_Scotty

23rd Apr 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate is tackling one atm because his ex girlfriend chucked paint all over the inside of the old dash so he had a pop at it and is just to get the wiring sorted out 100% then its sorted and he asked me if i found a dash,dial's etc he would do it for me
fazza

23rd Apr 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happy days mate, i did a dash conversion on my old mk2 golf with a mk3 dash. was a basturd to do lol
should look kool though
Corsa_Scotty

23rd Apr 08 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i wanted to get the steering wheel some time soon but how do i convert it to an airbag steering wheel? (the wires going to it etc)
neil h

23rd Apr 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your car doesn't have airbags, then odds are the airbag on the new wheel won't work, end of.

Even if you do have airbags and wanna swap the wheels over i wouldn't wanna risk it just in case the wirings different or somethin'.
Corsa_Scotty

23rd Apr 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would the C wheel still fit on but without the airbag or would it catch on the back bit?
Timbaland
Banned

23rd Apr 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScottyBhoy2k7
would the C wheel still fit on but without the airbag or would it catch on the back bit?

Would what catch?
Corsa_Scotty

23rd Apr 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the back of the C steering wheel on the steering column thing?
cosminache

22nd Jun 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to open a new thread, i would also like to know if the Corsa C steering wheel fits Corsa B (tigra).
I have airbag on my steering wheel, but the leather is worn and i took it off, so i was thinking of replacing the entire steering wheel with a better looking one
oceansoul

22nd Jun 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cosminache
i dont want to open a new thread, i would also like to know if the Corsa C steering wheel fits Corsa B (tigra).
I have airbag on my steering wheel, but the leather is worn and i took it off, so i was thinking of replacing the entire steering wheel with a better looking one

I wouldnt wanna go plugging in an airbag designed for a different car. Dont know what could have changed in the 10 years or so between models. Either it would go off in your face as you plugged it in. Or in the event of a crash it might not even deploy at all. I'd get the airbag designed for the car tbh.

Regards to the dash conversion; are the dials of the C not linked to the ECU, so you need the ECU to go with the dials or no worky?? Maybe that is just newer cars
speedy 172

22nd Jun 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wont beable to do a dash conversion
the dials on any C is linked to the ecu so there for you need the ecu to run the clocks
and there electrically driven as the b ones are mechanical
AlexW

23rd Jun 10 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Most later corsas run electrical speedos.

Corsa C wheel WONT fit due to the splines, vauxhall changed it at 2000, as per most stuff.

The wiring for the airbag, is just two wires, providing they are connected, and the system on the car works, then there is no issue. You would of course do it with the battery disconnected.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would a Corsa C steering wheel fit a Non airbag B? 22 database queries in 0.0120220 seconds