corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » another quick question about track cas (possible useful link inside)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author another quick question about track cas (possible useful link inside)
Matt L

User status: Offline
6th Apr 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was purely a track car and not going anywhere near the road do i need to have road tax + insurance on it?
edit: it would get trailored everywhere

or can it just mot'd and not falling to peices.
thanks in advance

[Edited on 06-04-2008 by Matt L]
Ste
Premium Member

6th Apr 08 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need for road tax as long as it never drives or parks on public highway. Insurance is up to you. Not needed but recommended or if it is stolen you get nowt. Insurance wouldn't be your usual admiral policy, more of a motorsport insurance.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Matt L

6th Apr 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they more expensive than normal policies? and nah the only time it would ever be on a road would be to get it from my drive to the trailor. (this is all hyperthetical at the moment )
Dan295

6th Apr 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a guy i know of had motorsport insurance on his diahatsu charade thingy like 1.0 turbo rally car it was v cheap but he had to have a rally licence to be able to take out the policy, its worth it though because he was able to insure a 106 gti for pennies (until a lupo went up its arse)
Matt L

6th Apr 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this link may be useful to people
http://www.trackcover.com/

seems quite cheap tbh
edit: not so sure about the link now iv had a read lol

[Edited on 06-04-2008 by Matt L]
Paul_J

6th Apr 08 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I considered making / buying a solely track car, something really powerful and not insuring it, but then i need to buy a car able to trailer it. Plus when my dad had a trailer for his race car, the pikies nicked the trailer
Matt L

6th Apr 08 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was planning on getting a trailer but keep thinking hmmm where am i going to keep it? the only problem with driving it to a track is theres a possiblity it wont get back so ideally id need a trailer

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » another quick question about track cas (possible useful link inside) 23 database queries in 0.0087140 seconds