corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Buying a second hand digital SLR.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a second hand digital SLR.....
Matt_b

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have an old SLR camera, was really into it took thousands of pics with it used to go on days trips and all sorts just to take some snaps. I bought a compact digital thing about 3 years ago and lost interested in it all really.

Want to get back into it but not sure what to buy really. A friend had a Sony H1 which I had a play with the other day and really liked. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to look at what? Something of similar spec to the Sony H1; I can't really afford more than £100 and I'm not sure if I will use it so I don't want to spend loads hence why I'm looking second hand.

I know that’s a bit of an essay, but any ideas?

Matt_b

2nd Apr 08 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you thoughts on:
- Sony H1
- Fuji FinePix S6500

and buying second hand?
Matt L

2nd Apr 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

s6500 is good apparently a few people on here have them, ive got the s5600 by mistake (wanted the 6500 lol) but yeh they are all good

s6500 is about 150 on amazon i think brand new.

and never bought a camera second hand
AndyKent

2nd Apr 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, 6500 is owned by a few on here and well recommended, but they're not DSLRs.....
Matt_b

2nd Apr 08 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
but they're not DSLRs.....

I know its not a proper one as you can't change the lenses over etc but thought they were still classed as one?

[Edited on 02-04-2008 by Matt_b]
Matt_b

2nd Apr 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What difference does the sensitivty ISO make on a camera? The sony has a max of 400 were the S6500 has 3200
John

2nd Apr 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iso's on they cameras will be nowhere close to high iso performance on an slr.

Cameras like that aren't classed as slr's.
AndyKent

2nd Apr 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're actually called Bridge or mini-SLRs. Carry some of the features of the proper ones, but not many.

ISO is the sensitivity to light. The higher the ISO, the 'brighter' you image will be like-for-like. Basically it allows you to shoot in the dark better, at the expense of adding noise to your image, little coloured dots which aren't supposed to be there.
Matt_b

2nd Apr 08 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, didn't know that cheers.

So in the specification what should I look for that will determine a good colour and depth of image?
AndyKent

2nd Apr 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't really AFAIK.

Just try to find shots people have taken with that camera - might find some on Amazon if you find the product page

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Buying a second hand digital SLR..... 23 database queries in 0.0101149 seconds