corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Batteries

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Batteries
Ant

User status: Offline
21st Mar 08 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im not far of finishing building my track car and seem to have misplaced my battery!!

Now do i buy a normal battery (last time i did i just picked up the smallest lightest battery in halfords and it worked fine on my 20xe corsa) or do i go for a varley red top? whats the score with running these on an oe alternator and whats the maintenance disciplines involved with them?
broster
Premium Member

21st Mar 08 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Varley-Red-Top-20-Race-Rally-Battery-K770-K017_W0QQitemZ270156001117QQihZ017QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

worth a look, they also sell alloy mounts for them
AK

29th Mar 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its just ocainsional use, with no large power draining mod/cons, and weight is high on your list of things to save on.... go for a red top 15. A rt30 box sidemount works with it.

You'll need to buy a conditioner/charger too though as the battery doesnt like sitting flat, and will lose charge fairly quickly if left connected.

[Edited on 29-03-2008 by AK]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Batteries 22 database queries in 0.0102000 seconds