corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » poor radio reception

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author poor radio reception
michaelclegg

User status: Offline
18th Mar 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had my corsa radio rewired after i burnt ignition live out.Still get poor reception.its ok on fm but not great.any ideas?
michaelclegg

18th Mar 08 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before i had it rewired it blew 2 stereos could i have blown the aeriel amp
michaelclegg

18th Mar 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tried a metre long piece of speaker wire as an ariel, from the back of head unit to my rear view mirror, not very practical but it was perfect reception any idea's please
dan-sport

18th Mar 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the wire coming from the aeriel
michaelclegg

18th Mar 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might be wrong but looking at my aeriel there are lots of kinks in it maybe its snaped inside.going to scrappy to get a new wire am i right in thinking theres a connector in the lower passinger plastic?
luke85

18th Mar 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a non standard stereo fitted then chances are your not turning on the amplifier in the ariel base. try putting 12V onto the black wire with a white stripe which goes to the connector to the stereo from the car. Then if your signal is ok connect it to the remote lead from your head unit to make it turn off when you turn the stereo off

New Poll