corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Tenant issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tenant issues
K17STY

User status: Offline
13th Mar 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long story basically have someone in the house i c/o own with no agreement on paper.

Wanting to sell the house, as is the other owner, the person living in it is his aunt so its basically me pushing the sale, he doesnt want to look bad.

Iv text her to discuss options and been ignored, so where does she stand with rights. I could see this getting messy. I did give her the option to buy me out. But again how does this work how do you work out a price?

I have a feeling shes going to come home one day to a for sale sign the way its going.

Note to everyone....Think long and hard before you buy a house together! any doubts, dont do it.

[Edited on 13-03-2008 by K17STY]
MarkM

13th Mar 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put the property on the market for a start...this should give the auntie the idea...

As far as rights...is there anything in writing - Tenancy Agreement?
AndyKent

13th Mar 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You text them?

Why not actually ring or visit the house. How can you sort things like this out by text?
psycho sport

13th Mar 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly id like to say your an idiot for letting someone live in a property with no signed agreement.
Secondly you will have to get an eviction order for them to vacate the property. This could take up to 6 months in some cases but more commonly less.

Are all the bills etc under her name?
If there is no evidence of her living at the property there are alternative ways but they aint strictly legal!

stubbsy05

14th Mar 08 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get some advice from the RLA website on this as a tenan without an AST has to be dealt with differenty.
neoquip

14th Mar 08 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me get this right.

you co own a house (is that a legal arragnment wit both name son teh mortgage?)

you don't live there?

but your 'co-owners' aunte lives in the house and you have no Short Hold tenancy aggrement.

speak to a solicitor, as you could come un stuck.

you won't be able to sell on the hous ewith a sitting tenant, your solicitor will want them move dout before you sign the house over.

New Poll