corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Selling Advice (agents fees)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling Advice (agents fees)
Bart

User status: Offline
   11th Mar 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking to sell our house very shortly, and have to contact the estage agents today.
I've been told our house will sell easily and quickly, so therefore I was wondering what % commission the estate agents should get, or what could i get them down to.

The house will be worth £230k if that helps.
C2RL R

11th Mar 08 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knocked mine down to 1.25% from 2% for a 120k house. just ask what they charge and start from there.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Mar 08 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get three appraisals mate at least. Then play them off each other to get the best comission deal. Try and get a mix of agents from High Street to Independant and work from there.

It will be up to the branch valuer for them to decide. The market is a pretty desperate place at the moment too... So people will either be keen with the comission or will overprice your property. Do your research and watch what the agents quote on valuations, If you think the value is too low/high don't be shy to ask where they got the figure from.

Hope that helps.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Mad Moe

11th Mar 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be very weary of anything an agent tells you. It's a buyers market at the moment with agents having more unsold units on their books for longer than ever before. Unless you home is a cheap, good quality, starter home the chances are it will be a long and difficult process.

As for fees their are a few round my way that I've heard of being screwed down to 1% but 1.25% - 1.5% is the norm and as Phil has suggested make sure you get at least the quotes as a comparison
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Mar 08 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1-1.5% is about the right fee for that sort of prop.

They'll start off with the classic 2.5% to see if you say no

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll