corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa sport 1.4 16v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa sport 1.4 16v
eastbourne racer

User status: Offline
10th Mar 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i have a corsa sport 1.4 16v and i have noticed its a bit poor up until about 3k revs, its currently got the cat removed and a janspeed back box i think along with a cone filter. i was woundering if there is anythink i can change to gain a bit more power at low revs, i dont really want to the change inlet manifold or anything, i dont mind doing little mods to the engine but i cba atm with removing half the engine. and also what air filters/induction kits do people recommended? thanks in advance.

Tom
richc

10th Mar 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get rid of that cone filter
breezy-1.4

10th Mar 08 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want larger power gains a cone filter and a back box isnt going to give you much noticable gain. what you need is a full system really, still De-catted. even tho you said your not keane on it, its worth doing the manifold. youll appreciate the gains once its done! if your looking for a decent induction kit i quite like the piper cross viper. but seriously your cone wont do shit. the standard air box is in actual fact a lot better than a cone.

..and if that still isnt enoughfor you, youll have to get your hands dirty with some better engine mods...or get the 1.6

[Edited on 10-03-2008 by breezy-1.4]
Ben G

10th Mar 08 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, fuck that induction kit off and put in a pipercross/k&n panel filter and drill your standard airbox.
eastbourne racer

10th Mar 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i bought the car it had all the exhaust and cone filter already there so its not me thats chosen them, i would be ok with doing the manifold its just i herd that changing the inlet manifold would be best but thats alot of work. im going to try and get a viper kit and a manifold for the exhaust as its already a good system. i would ideally just change it for the x16xe but insurance wont let me so ill have to stick with this for the time being. just woundering has anybody ever used the turbo kit on the 1.4? what sort of power were they achieving?
breezy-1.4

10th Mar 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turbo kits on 1.4's are only good if you upgrade everything else. lot of time and money. its not just a case of whacking a turbo in and going for a spin. plus if your turbo'ing a 1.4 youll be better off with the x16xe lol the insurance will turn u into cash flow jail bait
eastbourne racer

10th Mar 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes lol i understand you cant just "wack" it on lol there is alot of internals that need upgrading but just wondering what sort of power these can make? can you recommend a exhaust manifold?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa sport 1.4 16v 22 database queries in 0.0087361 seconds