corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Mobile Phone Upgrade help- Your recommendations please.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mobile Phone Upgrade help- Your recommendations please.
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
4th Mar 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right - Im a complete newb when it comes to phones. I am due an upgrade with my vodaphone.

Basically I dont text much- mainly phone calls, I would like at least a 2mp camera but thats not that important because I have a good digital camera.

Im not that bothered with mp3 players and stuff because I have a good mp3 player.

I currently have a Erikson k800i which I have been pretty pleased with. I will be interested in any make other than motorola - had two before and they were crap.

Because I dont actually use much on my phone I was thinking of just trying to get the smallest phone around because I hate having a big phone in my pocket-- can any recommend a tiny phone for me.

The other thing that does interest me is sat nav-- I would use this alot but I have a few questions about sat nav on phones...

1- Do you have to pay extra for it per month or is it just free to use if you have it .... basically how does it work?

2- Is it actually any good- anyone use sat nav off there phone?
Jambo

4th Mar 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

W890i

if u want satnav with an n95 etc it is "free" to plan routes and give u directions. But if you want voice its £47 for 3years last time i checked
Dr Pepper

4th Mar 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the look of that w890i- cheers- do you have one?
Jambo

4th Mar 08 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate, ive got 2 nokias! Looks good were getting ours anyday now managed to play with the sony reps one was nice!
Dr Pepper

4th Mar 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made a bit of an impulse decision in the end...

Went for the w890i -- got half price line rental for 6 months .. works out at £12.50 a month. Plus 6 months free insurance.

Happy with that- pretty much the same as my current phone in a smaller body.

Cheers for the help.

New Poll