corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe to x25xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe to x25xe
c20xe_zuko

User status: Offline
1st Mar 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am trying to find out as much info as possible before I take on this job, the car is fitted with a c20xe at the moment but its needing a full set of valves and guides after it jumped the timing.
What do I need to do the x25xe conversion, can I use any of the parts used to fit the c20xe or would I be better removing it all and selling it?
Any help would be great, the engine will be being fitted by a mechanic I know, I just need to supply all the parts etc
ed

2nd Mar 08 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Join up to migweb.co.uk as BeArDy who is a member on here and there has made quite a few detailed posts on there about the conversion. This conversion crossed my mind a few weeks back for my Corsa, but actually it doesn't sound too ideal really after reading what people have said...
ed

2nd Mar 08 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and serch on there for the posts, forgot to say
AdamF
Premium Member

2nd Mar 08 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can use the gearbox, shafts etc from the c20xe engine, you will need a new drivers engine mount fabricating,

also i belive the engine has to be fitted bare and then built in the car other wise it wont go in.

but possibly the most expensive part of the converiosn is you need custom exhaiust manifolds to the clear the steering rack and front lower crossmember.
c20xe_zuko

2nd Mar 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replies folks, the mechanic who said he will fit it loves a challenge and free fitting sounds good to me! I just need to get all the parts to him and he's happy. So keep the shafts and gearbox from the c20xe.
I will search that site and see what I can come up with. cheers again
AdamF
Premium Member

2nd Mar 08 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep everything from the xe except the drivers engine mount.
Gezza

2nd Mar 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is some custom manifolds now on ebay for one

sounds great pal if you wanna come and have a nosy at mine feel free mine looks like factory fit
Ste L

2nd Mar 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris astley sell's the conversion kit for it...
mac1976

2nd Mar 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to use the 20xe clutch and fly wheel as well for the box to fit and am sure chris astley does the mounts you need
Gezza

2nd Mar 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he does and they are on ebay also in his shop there!!! the 2.0xe helps it rev really quickly lol
c20xe_zuko

9th Mar 08 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best engine to go for vectra sri/gsi, calibra v6 etc? need to source an engine by this/next weekend to get the work started.
AdamF
Premium Member

9th Mar 08 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

calibra v6 c25xe is the popular choice
c20xe_zuko

9th Mar 08 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what all do I need to get it running, key, ecu wiring? when we put a vts in my mates westcoast saxo we needed the key, ignition barrel, transponder, ecu etc to get it running. it the vectra easier or harder to fit?
Superlite Ltd.

9th Mar 08 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20xe_zuko
so what all do I need to get it running, key, ecu wiring? when we put a vts in my mates westcoast saxo we needed the key, ignition barrel, transponder, ecu etc to get it running. it the vectra easier or harder to fit?

vectra v6 engines (X25XE and Y26SE) engines are more modern and have rubbish like EGR valves to deal with. The old calibra C25XE does not. I'd try and get the older one myself
c20xe_zuko

17th Mar 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats me got my engine, wiring loom, ecu etc for the corsa, collecting the engine on wednesday, its out of a cavalier. will keep you all posted

New Poll