corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » APT's Time-Attack evo

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author APT's Time-Attack evo
jr

User status: Offline
28th Feb 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;2030036]Firstly, here's the car with it's new wheels.

9.5J x 18" Rota GTR's with 255/35/18 Dunlop SSR's.

I think we found the limit of the standard engine, so a rebuild is in progress.

Starting here......

AMS 2.3 Stroker Kit, featuring a K1 Billet Steel Crank, Crower I-Section Conrods and Ross Racing Forged Pistons......[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;2030044]It's going to have a slightly bigger Turbo bolted to it....

That's an AMS GT35R Dual Ball-Bearing kit. It has a Tial 38mm External Wastgate and is good for over 600bhp. :top:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;2030066]

Hopefully the pictures do the talking!!

The bottom-end is now built and work is starting to assemble the head. There is another parcel on the way from the US, containing more goodies, which should be here in the next couple of days. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;2049598]....and now the dirty little bastard Turbo is right where it needs to be......

[/QUOTE]

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by jr]

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by jr]
jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;2493764]Well, it's been ages since I updated this thread, so here is a little update for you!!

Where on earth do I start??!!

The EVO RS Rear Diff conversion is now fitted. This is a steel-cased diff with no gadgetry and is what is usually fitted to the high-horsepower car's with good results. Of course the car has a much more 'real' feel, so you know where you are with it, instead of the computer sorting it all out so-to-speak.

We have also just complete a full gearbox rebuild using a brand-new Evo 9 GT gearkit. This has diffierent ratio's from what was in the car. We found that on track and in some of the sprint classes (particularly 30-130mph) the transition from 4th to 5th gear had a huge drop-off, these improved ratio's should address this, though will cap the top speed to under 160mph.

At this time we decided to take a look at the clutch (we fitted an Exedy Twin Plate last year) and since it was in good condition it would have been rude to leave it there!! So we sold it!! :cry:

In it's place is an Exedy Hyper Compe-R Twin Plate unit. This features an Ultra Lightweight Low Inertia drilled flywheel, rigid Low Inertia discs and an Aluminium cover. The result is a fantastic clutch that is great to drive with and the whole thing weighs around 4kg less than the previous twin-plate.

LET'S GO LAUNCHING!! :banana:

Next up is the Engine bay. The standard Evo Breather system has it's inadequacies, so we have fitted a Weapon-R Breather Tank, which is designed to fit in the triangular gap in the factory Strut-Brace. However, this tank comes with small push-on type connectors. This just didn't cut it. So we hacked those off and had -10 Alloy connectors welded on. The Rocker Cover was also drilled and tapped for -10. This meant that we could pipe the entire breather system in -10 pipework with the appropriate fittings......

We also re-piped the Boost Control Valve with Steel-Braided Hose.....

Next up, we have finally fitted and got working the AIM Dash. This has been a bit of a mission as it requires all the warning lights to go through a re-think!! A good friend of Gary's made the Carbon-Fibre Binnacle too, which we are extremely impressed with!! You can also see the new Sparco Suede Steering Wheel and Quick Release Boss in these pics......

The new Sparco Pro 2000's now sit on Bride Runners, so have full sliding adjustment and there will be a set of Black Harnesses going in shortly. The rear interior is completely gone now too. :cry:

Also, as an update on the power side of things. We have seen almost 570bhp at under 1.8 bar of boost. 460bhp at the wheels. This is on V-Power and considering that the kit can easily run 2.2 bar, infact it could run 2.5 bar, though we won't go that far, I think our target of 600bhp should be easy to achieve. I will add some more information and graphs as and when we get time to get on with the mapping.

:top:[/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;2881299]Aaaah, since this has been bumped to the top, I might aswell give you an update.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the thread, but Gary's Evo was fitted with an Exedy Compe-R Lightweight Twin-Plate clutch a while back. It an awesome clutch, featuring a lightweight, low-inertia Flywheel and unsprung Paddle-style plates. However, we have reason to believe that 650bhp/550lb/ft may be its limit, due to other peoples experiences. So, whilst it is still very new (it's only done about 500 miles), we opted for a replacement.

Enter, Exedy Carbon-R Lightweight Triple-Plate clutch!! :eek:

Exedy own the patent to the push-pull Clutch conversion, so are the only ones to have the system that they do, with no conversion assembly required, also, this clutch has what they call SX Coat, which is the black coating seen on the metal plates. Ordinary Carbon Twin/Triple plate clutches require extensive and very fussy running in, they also need warming up each time you use them. The SX Coat allows you to fit the clutch and use it immediately with none of that messing around.

What do you think?

Incidentally, the Compe-R is now for sale. I will post it in the For Sale section on here incase any of the PassionEvo owners want a serious clutch. These are around £1400 new.

I don't even want to tell you what the Carbon-R cost!! :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry:

Oh, the joys of 650bhp. :eek:

Now, wheres the rest of the boost. :eek: :cry:[/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;2989275]Whats going on here then??!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cry:

[/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Gary @ APT;3005869]well heres some pics i had on my phone from the start to how we left it this afternoon.

all ill say is this really isnt for the faint hearted and at times ive wished i never started it
but i think the end is in site.

[/QUOTE]
jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3024207]Well, the cage is finally in and finished. Some parts were MIG'd, but as much as possible was TIG'd. Chris is cleaning the inside of the car up, then its off to the painters. Sorry for the shitty pics, it's quite dark in our unit with the roller door down.......

[/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3032906]Right, here's some scary pics......

Just to add the finishing touches......

.....and a test fit of the dash.....

[/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3074400]Right, more pics!! (pics speak louder than words!!) :top:

You like?? D: [/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3074519]Hey, get a load of this for a TOY!!.......

Ikeya Formula Sequential Shifter. It has a ratchet mechanism that converts your conventional gearshift to an up/down Sequential operation. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why dont they do one for an RST!! :cry:[/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3111549]Here are a few pics I took the other day whilst we had the car outside. Showing the new Carbon rear splitter etc.....

[/QUOTE]
jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3116278]

[/QUOTE]

jr

28th Feb 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3125052]Ever wondered what a gear-kit looks like that costs about the same as it would cost you to actually buy an Evo 4??

Yes, it's a PPG Dog Engagement Gearset. That's gonna make some fooking noise. :cry:

Here it is next to the old gearset.....

It's having a strain-gauge type set-up too, so it can have some clutch-less full-throttle changes. [/QUOTE]
Ryk

28th Feb 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

antoni

28th Feb 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

straight cut gears FTW

cant beat that whining sound weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tsssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

to be frank theres not many a thing i wouldnt do for that car
Novaneil

28th Feb 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
[QUOTE=Christian and Beccy;3074519]Hey, get a load of this for a TOY!!.......

Ikeya Formula Sequential Shifter. It has a ratchet mechanism that converts your conventional gearshift to an up/down Sequential operation. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why dont they do one for an RST!! :cry:[/QUOTE]

The whole car is fabin awesome! But that is especially cool! Never seen one like that before
AK

28th Feb 08 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are shite I thought they'd go for a proper sequential box with the amount they are spending on the car.

The car is very very nice, and looks to be serious Suspension?
jr

28th Feb 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has some, dont know what it is though
AK

28th Feb 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just check the entrants... glad to see this in the Pro section
Paul_J

28th Feb 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much does it cost them to build cars like that?
AK

28th Feb 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loads......

and then some....

60k or so i'd imagine
Paul_J

28th Feb 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does that include the car AK?

I dunno, i kinda expected it to be like 100k when done.
AK

28th Feb 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe if you include their staffs full labour etc... but cant see it

cage - 5k
susp - 4k
engine - 15k
drive - 15k
prep - 5k
brakes 5k
car - dunno 12k
Novaneil

28th Feb 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
they are shite I thought they'd go for a proper sequential box with the amount they are spending on the car.

Thats a shame Looks quite cool in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0L-hkSMlY

And not cheap! $2800 i've just found one for. yikes!
AK

28th Feb 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you getting a bit overimpressed by the drifting

check this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9Wrm2iHho&feature=related

its is just a different gear stick pattern...

A real sequential box would be about £8000
SportBoy

28th Feb 08 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

friend payed 20k + for his sequential box for his skyline . madness

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » APT's Time-Attack evo 22 database queries in 0.1129909 seconds