corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Screen install help :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Screen install help :(
snottysnowy1

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there, right i bought the 7" screen (ripspeed scr-700) now and im havin trouble gettin it to work. It says in the instructions to wire the

red wire to (accessory/ignition) and there is a 2amp fusre in the wire also

and the black wire to - memory/battery

I took red as being live and black as negative so wired it up like that, the screen worked and then the lead got incredibly hot and started to smoke... so i turned quickly unplugged it all.. The fuse didnt blow either and im beginning to think the unit is faulty.. any ideas how it should be wired in?

I fitted the red wire to the ignition live on the back of the headunit if that helps, and the black to the fused earth wire on the back of the head unit and thats when it smoked

would the black wire be earth to a bit of metal on the car? any input would help.
scotts v6

19th Feb 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think red is live on vauxhalls mate will check 4 u tomoz if u like
snottysnowy1

19th Feb 08 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wired the red wire to the live (red labelled acc) on the back of my headunit which is the ignition live like it said on instructions mate.. wondering if the black needs to be earthed or ran to the battery -

[Edited on 19-02-2008 by snottysnowy1]
scotts v6

19th Feb 08 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

earth cud be brown as it is on the battery
pow
Premium Member

19th Feb 08 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Earth is not black.

Earth is brown. Ignition live is black.

Wire the Red wire to the ignition live on the headunit... red or yellow cant remember. Earth the black wire to a bit of bare metal in the car, jobs a gudun!

[Edited on 19-02-2008 by pow]
snottysnowy1

19th Feb 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sorted it now mate, thats what i done in the first place and the screen came on again after changing the fuse in the red wire, but the picture is jumpy at times and the cable in the bottom is loose and keeps blowing fuses when i move it, taking it back tommoro as it seems to be a dodgy unit after all.. thanks for the help guys.

New Poll