corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC Speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC Speakers
Liam

User status: Offline
16th Feb 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to buy some new speakers for my PC as my current 1's are on their way out. Want to spend about £50? and they need to be 2.1 or 5.1 with a sub anyone got any recommendations?
Andy_sxi

16th Feb 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got these logitech Z4 2.1 speakers and impressed with them, especially for the price.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z-4-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B000BSTXFE
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Feb 08 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click
Liam

16th Feb 08 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just looking at those 1's you posted red_top, look quite good for the price.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Feb 08 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant go wrong with logitech, although i prefer creative myself but for that price, everyones a winner.
kz

17th Feb 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know a bit more expensive but if you want the best, you cant go wrong with AE Aego M...

nearly every single person recommended me these on AVForums.com they really are amazing. cheapest ive seen them around are £80. have a search, theyre worth every penny! (they are PC speakers, but i use them connected to my TV for 2.1 system as theyre that good)
Dom

17th Feb 08 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
i know a bit more expensive but if you want the best, you cant go wrong with AE Aego M...

nearly every single person recommended me these on AVForums.com they really are amazing. cheapest ive seen them around are £80. have a search, theyre worth every penny! (they are PC speakers, but i use them connected to my TV for 2.1 system as theyre that good)

Agree with this, unless you need 5.1 then these are about as close to hifi speakers as you're going to get. They produce a great sound for the size of them, don't offer any "boxiness" or tin-like treble and generally a lot tighter (bass is pretty refined) than a set of creatives or logitech's.
I've listened to these and a set of logitech Z-5500's (comparing a 2.1 setup) and the AE's worked out of the box. I had to pee around with the Z-5500's til i had something remotely worth listening to and even then the bass sounded like someone hitting a pizza box. Wasn't impressed, especially as they aren't cheap (about another £100 on top of the AE's).
kz

17th Feb 08 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember a thread on AVForums where a guy has two pairs (one in kitchen one in bedroom) and he said hed get a job for being a salesmen for those speakers if he could
Dom

17th Feb 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
i remember a thread on AVForums where a guy has two pairs (one in kitchen one in bedroom) and he said hed get a job for being a salesmen for those speakers if he could

They are probably the best 2.1 speakers you can get, and i still think AE should have come out with a set of 5.1 as creative/logitech stuff is fair from brilliant. If i didn't have a set of KRKs, AE's would be sitting on my desk instead
gooner_47

17th Feb 08 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I wasn't going to post about the Aego M's as I saw they were over-budget... But fcuk it, seeing as you guys have... I've got a pair of these and they sound so good, the speakers themselves are tiny but they're heavy as fcuk not cheap and plasticy and they sound amazin. Recommend them to anyone
Adam

17th Feb 08 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/105960

Don't be put off by the lack of brand name or the price. Read the reviews, I did and got some, can't fault em at all!
Liam

19th Feb 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought the Logitech speakers, posted above in the end. Arrived today, very impressed with them.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Feb 08 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good buy them mate get them from scan?
Liam

19th Feb 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, overclockers. Was about £1 cheaper lol.

New Poll