corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Is it just me that feels a dick taking photos?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is it just me that feels a dick taking photos?
mattk

User status: Offline
15th Feb 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would feel so uneasy walking round town at night with a camera and a tripod, we have a lovely church in the town centre I could snap but its an area thats never really empty

do you feel silly to normal passers by?
BluKoo

15th Feb 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to think like that, but what do you think when you see someone with a camera and tripod?

You proably don't think... ha ha, what a knob.

You probably think. There's a photographer.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

15th Feb 08 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

St Helens town centre at night I wouldn't feel silly, more scared

I know what you mean tho, I was looking at JonnyJ's photos from Manchester, there's some of just random people, I'd feel like a wierdo doing that
AndyKent

15th Feb 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, do a bit, but what the hell - I'll do what I like
Ben G

15th Feb 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel weird when i take pics of my car

but i think who gives a crap, they're the ones who have a problem and obviously don't understand.

fuck 'em
JonnyJ

15th Feb 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B

I know what you mean tho, I was looking at JonnyJ's photos from Manchester, there's some of just random people, I'd feel like a wierdo doing that

Hoddo

15th Feb 08 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol I agree with you all. Just been down the Quay at Poole, managed to drag 3 of my housemates down for a ride out.

I feel like a target with my camera as I've said before. I'm not a big chap, I usually take photo's where my car is near by just in case.

Jonny has proved that subtly is the best policy. she is totally oblivious and it looks natural.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Feb 08 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B

I mean I'd just feel like everyone was looking at me thinking I'm trying to get some sly pics of people, I'm just really self consious when I'm taking photo's unless it's at a show or something. I think a lot of it might be down to my brother, I'll take a photo that I think looks good then he'll see it and start asking why I'm taking pictures of something that just seems strange to him He just doesn't appreciate good photography
flybikeslee

16th Feb 08 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldn't care tbh, not like you know any of the people or are likely to meet them again
JonnyJ

16th Feb 08 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean mike I do sometimes wonder if people think im some kind of weird pervert, especially when taking pics of lasses. Tbh most people dont see what im aiming at anyway and its not as if they are going to come up and ask you what your doing.

When i see a subject i want to shoot ill just watch them until they do something interesting then take a quick snap, takes about a second and no-one notices. Ive done a few in the past and so has my mate, they look ace if you get the right scenario.

Got this guy at York Races, i saw he was looking pretty depressed, i just stood near a concrete post pretending to look through my photos then took the shot:

My mates also got this old man in York centre, we were just walking around the minster, he spotted him, snap, cool shot.

Old men are so interesting
Scotty_B

16th Feb 08 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't take any notice of people looking at me taking photos.

I do get slightly nervous at night though.
AndyKent

16th Feb 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Random old men

Just hope I never spot you near a school playground

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Is it just me that feels a dick taking photos? 23 database queries in 0.0148990 seconds