corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can 'Traffic Officers' catch you speeding?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can 'Traffic Officers' catch you speeding?
Whittie

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vehicle like the above was on the side of the motorway earlier, I went past them rather quickly

Was just wonering if I have anything to worry about

Thanks
stan_the_man

2nd Feb 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC they are wannabe cops and can only radio ahead.
Ben G

2nd Feb 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been past plenty of them, always thought they were highway maintenance
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they 100% cant and they arent cops they are highways

[Edited on 02-02-2008 by Steve]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can't pull you over, and won't if you cruise past them at 80mph on motorway but if you flew passed one at 100mph they'd contact the nearest police station with your details!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pass them regularly quite quick, haven't heard anything touchwood.

They can report you for dangerous driving if you do something stupid though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
mattk

2nd Feb 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

highways agency, they attend to breakdowns and clean up after collisions

they are mates with the police though
JonnyJ

2nd Feb 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
no they 100% cant and they arent cops they are highways

Yep, they have been about for ages but have recently applied loads of reflective graphics now everyone thinks they are the police and slow down to about 10 on the motorway
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
They can't pull you over, and won't if you cruise past them at 80mph on motorway but if you flew passed one at 100mph they'd contact the nearest police station with your details!

no proof
Whittie

2nd Feb 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I may have been driving around that speed

Do they have equipment to proove it though?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, the police wont do shit, this is all first have info from a copper too
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[quote name='Traffic Copper on my local forum' date='Dec 3 2007, 10:32 PM' post='277024']

They are the PCSOs of the motorway...powers vary from area to area, but basically they are there to do the donkey jobs that the government dont want to pay police officers on the motorway to do (because theyve effectively caused a cut police numbers in that role) and to act as a visible authority presence.

They do have the power to control traffic (i.e. stop you, but in limited circumstance).

They are mainly used to guard broken down vehicles and do traffic control at accident scenes. If you see them cruising at 70mph on the motorway and feel like overtaking them (most people do) they wont be writing any crazed statements implicating you in dangerous driving......on the other hand if you go past at 120mph weaving through traffic they might just call a proper police traffic unit in a fast car to catch you...if they can find one.....due to cuts in numbers!!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Andrew

2nd Feb 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had anything back and pass them most days.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
[quote name='Traffic Copper on my local forum' date='Dec 3 2007, 10:32 PM' post='277024']

They are the PCSOs of the motorway...powers vary from area to area, but basically they are there to do the donkey jobs that the government dont want to pay police officers on the motorway to do (because theyve effectively caused a cut police numbers in that role) and to act as a visible authority presence.

They do have the power to control traffic (i.e. stop you, but in limited circumstance).

They are mainly used to guard broken down vehicles and do traffic control at accident scenes. If you see them cruising at 70mph on the motorway and feel like overtaking them (most people do) they wont be writing any crazed statements implicating you in dangerous driving......on the other hand if you go past at 120mph weaving through traffic they might just call a proper police traffic unit in a fast car to catch you...if they can find one.....due to cuts in numbers!!

aye but youl only get done if the copper catchs up with you and gathers evidence, they cant otherwise. The highways have no more power than me to get someone caught speeding other then being able to call a copper to do it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can 'Traffic Officers' catch you speeding? 23 database queries in 0.0185988 seconds