corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » plans for the year

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author plans for the year
Lisa

User status: Offline
13th Jan 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after chatting to Ian and IvIark we thought it might be a good idea to plan where we are going to visit during the year for meets and events.
Not going sort pubs yet as we can do that the month before when we decide which are we are in.........

so far the following ideas are about-

Llandudno- we could have a meet there but i also think it would be good if we did a day at the beach again in summer as it was an excellent turnout last year, this dosen't have to be Llandudno but there are some great beaches in Wales-------------DONE

Stoke area- Darleston has been suggested----Done

Cumbria- this could be up at the lakes somewhere maybe as a day out in summer------DONE

Liverpool- we need some pub names--------DONE

Blackpool lights later on in year- that has been a sucess 2 years in a row-----Done

Yorkshire- to meet up with Yorkshire lot, I will speak to Matt about whats going on there to see when is best-----hmmmm

There has also been suggestion for go-karting and rolling road day- What are the best months for people to have money for these events so they are not a wash out

Also PVS and Trax usually fall on 1st Sunday of month so they can be meets in those months------DONE

Get other ideas on here then we can start making plans for the year

Lisa

[Edited on 17-02-2008 by Lisa]

[Edited on 11-09-2008 by Lisa]

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by Lisa]
Whittie

13th Jan 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darlaston Inn was good in Stoke.

Rob & Myself could help sort something for the North Wales meet

Go karting would be good, there's a large indoor arena in Queensferry if you're not aware.

Cumbria - Would be cool too, never been before, would be nice to go somewhere different.

Nice to think the plans are already been thought about
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 08 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

queensferry isnt that good tbh alex
Whittie

13th Jan 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been, just heard about it. Where else is there for the karting? Manchester?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 08 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warrington is good!

i suggested go karting with the yorkshire lot so need to see who would be up for it
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 08 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warrington is good but expensive, tickets were subsidised last year. Queensferry is OK, slightly cheaper I think but the facility not quite as slick.

Regarding the meets, yes I would like to revisit some of the places we have been last year but we need to time this well - some things are better done in better weather and longer days. This includes going to the beach and driving miles. Personally I would prefer not to do a long Yorkshire trip while the weather is still more than likely bad.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 08 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

march or april for yorkshire?

how much was warrington? was it about £1k

[Edited on 13-01-2008 by IvIarkgraham]
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 08 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1350 for 30. Cheaper for 20, 900 I think. Works out 45 each.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 08 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not too bad really

im not sure where the best go karting would be
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 08 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's one in Burscough as well.

Best I've ever been to was Three Sisters in Wigan - outdoor, expensive but absolutely in a different league to the indoor ones.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 08 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much is that place

ive heard its awesome
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 08 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't pay last time, I'm sure it was a grand or so but there were far less people.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 08 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id pay £50 hapilly
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 08 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.three-sisters.co.uk/karting/pricelist.asp
andy1868

14th Jan 08 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if anyone would like to pay me to go and scout out the burscough one i'd be more than happy

three sisters is supposed to be good, i've got a mate that races his motorbike there

another idea is some sort of day at oulton park. perhaps at one of the bigger events, BTCC etc. i think i remember hearing about this happening in the past. the other idea is a track day but no doubt the price will rule that out for alot of people, including myself

also, paintballing. the best one i've been to is Leisure Lakes in Banks.

[Edited on 14-01-2008 by andy1868]
flybikeslee

14th Jan 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rolling road meet would be cool, where are the local places for this?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Jan 08 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are loads lee

i did one recently in neston got a good turnout - 16 i think
flybikeslee

14th Jan 08 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pricey? hoew many runs for money etc.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Jan 08 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends though we paid £45 for 3 runs but to do it on your own its £70 for 1 run
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pub-explorer.com/cheshire/pub/brocklehursttyherington.htm

here are some of my suggestions

macclesfield
cumbria
stafford
liverpool
oswestry (go karting?)
Ryk

20th Jan 08 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn Right for 5! I can go though the Trough of Bowland, the roads are gorgeous any time of the year!
Minisport charge £30 and my Rx-7 had 5 runs, couldn't get it to stay still
Normally one run I think.
Why three though?? Do you need three?? If its going to be a bad read out, won't it be bad on all three?? Hmmm...
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Jan 08 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont understand ryk

why location 3 or why 3 runs?

3 runs because its hard to get the best run straight away so he did 3 to see if he could get a higher power each time
Ryk

20th Jan 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry perhaps my reply was in the wrong context, any of the places is fine with me, i'm not fussy.
Location 5 for me purely because I like the drive and know the roads.
Three runs sounds good then, I didn't think it'd really make any difference. Tiz cule tho, like I said easy to please (apart from the women, i'm picky )

[Edited on 20-01-2008 by Ryk]
EarlofBarnet

22nd Jan 08 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be up for a meet in the Lakes if some of you lot fancy coming up 'North'! There are a few places near Keswick which I've used for old PVG meets etc. Just let me know if any of you fancy it.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Feb 08 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where next?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » plans for the year 23 database queries in 0.1850250 seconds