corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone with vag knowledge, (JR?)slight prob with video...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone with vag knowledge, (JR?)slight prob with video...
Rob B

User status: Offline
4th Jan 08 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, tonight i noticed a bit of a problem, when my boost spikes above 20 psi it seems i get a kind of missing sort of noise, then it goes into limp mode for a few seconds then it will let me fully boost again...

Best shown and heard in the video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4O5m1sYwOc

THis is the car straight after doing 40 - 120 without it doing it, not fully pushing it and 3 up aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy__s5TZHgQ

More detailed description>
when at say 2k revs in 4th, put foot down its fine until it gets past 20 psi then it will make a sorta of brrrr brrr noise, then go into limp mode for a few seconds.

However if im in 4th and boot it when its at 3.5k rpm so it doesnt have to spike as much its find and doesnt make the brr brr noise at all.

Mods are full stage 2, n75 race valve, n249 bypass done aswell, oil and filter change about 5 k ago, plugs about 9k ago, forge front mount, split R, TIP, full blue flame, new Maf about 2 months ago, no warning light coming on either.

Any help is appriciated.

Rob
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and its the airbag light and TCS light thats illuminated, NO EML etc is coming on, and i have no access to vag-com
jr

4th Jan 08 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be one on the pressure pipes that go from the cut off/N249 valve to the turbo diagram, they get fucked up due to heat, and could cause that mate
Jas

4th Jan 08 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a laptop rob? if so i can send you my vagcom via post if you're willing to send it back after you've used it etc
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you could Jas that would be great , need to do some logs really..

JR, ive bypassed the N249 valve cause of that exact problem i beleive it was, and all the pipes have been replaced with blue hard silicone ones

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Rob B]

New Poll