corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What do you do......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What do you do......
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 08 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slow down then laugh when they get stressed. Especialy the white van men
DYL

3rd Jan 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the people who "think" they have a faster car and tailgate....then try pass you lmao!
Superlite Ltd.

3rd Jan 08 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear fog light

flash it a few times. If that doesn't work the panic lever is comming up
Nismo

3rd Jan 08 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive slower
Gareth

3rd Jan 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tend to get this alot when im in the evo and never in the skoda!
Jenko_Sport

3rd Jan 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or pull the handbrake abit
Daimo B

3rd Jan 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tap brake light, but don't brake.

Give them a chance.

Give them a friendly wave, a turn of the head as if to say "this is your last warnign to get off my ass"

Give them a little while longer...

Still no drop off, stamp foor on brakes very hard.... If they ram you, its their fault. I was trying to avoid a dog that ran in front of me (never say cat, won't stand in court, a dog will though...). Was aware of a car very close behined me, but they must have got dangerously close from my last viewing.

Failing that, keep something heavy in the car for those "pull over" moments, of which theres been a fair few of those too

Tis fun when you slow down, pull into inside lane, watch tailgater put foot down to overtake, you tap the accelerator and go flying ahead. Works best with smaller engine dervs, vans, and great with coaches

I sound like a w4nker maybe, but then im not the one stuck up someones backside on the road....
FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i usually hit brakes quite hard. usually scares them and stops them. if they still try it on i slow right down to very slow speed and when trys to overtake i floor it and they cant overtake me as im to quick. (obviously i check there are no cars coming towards us lol.

FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give a wave as they try it on aswell lol
Ian W

3rd Jan 08 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Carry on driving normally. Provoking them like a twat is only reducing yourself to their level.

Only sensible reply, slamming on the brakes is all well and good until they hit you and you then get your car written off, have to find another one etc etc
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Jan 08 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just remembered about the woman i had tuesday night in a corsa. Followed me dead close through pride park and then all the way along the main road, so i did 30 to annoy her.
She didnt move from my arse so i kept going, then noticed she turned around at the pub

So i whipped round the island and followed her back along the main road doing what she had just done to me
She kept waving at me and then when i managed to get round her on an island she sat with main beam on

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
DarkBahamut

3rd Jan 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by nik
Carry on driving normally. Provoking them like a twat is only reducing yourself to their level.

Only sensible reply, slamming on the brakes is all well and good until they hit you and you then get your car written off, have to find another one etc etc

Also if there are any witnesses that say you hit your brakes for no reason then the whole thing goes as your fault, so all your NCB goes out the window plus you could even get points for dangurous driving etc.

I just dont see the point of hitting your brakes. They are behind you after all, not causing you to go any faster or slower than you want to. I just keep doing the speed i want and get on with my journey.

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by DarkBahamut]
Daimo B

3rd Jan 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They have hit you, it would be classed as their fault, an accident. Watch them loose any NCB they have, and a possible prosicution for dangerous driving.
Metal cars can be replaced with one exactly the same.
deano87

3rd Jan 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now, I tend to just slow down to a ridiculous speed. Then if they overtake, give 'em the wanker sign.

Alternatively, if it's a nice shiney clean car, like a Jag that was following me once, I pretty much empty the contents of the window washer tank out the rear jet.

Also, in my Corsa, you can pretty much rest your foot on the brake pedal, with the lights on, but it having no effect what so ever to your speed. That tends to fuck them up a bit.

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by deano87]
Dione J

3rd Jan 08 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey

So i whipped round the island and followed her back along the main road doing what she had just done to me
She kept waving at me and then when i managed to get round her on an island she sat with main beam on
Ian W

3rd Jan 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

They have hit you, it would be classed as their fault, an accident. Watch them loose any NCB they have, and a possible prosicution for dangerous driving.
Metal cars can be replaced with one exactly the same.

I would rather not have the hassle of an insurance claim tbh as im sure most wouldn't.

Im not interested in punishing people myself for there bad driving, if there constantly tailgating and generally a bad driver sooner or later they will get in a crash which hopefully won't involve me.
Daimo B

3rd Jan 08 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in otherwords,

it aint my problem if i don't get involved, let some other poor mofo have to deal with it instead?

mav

3rd Jan 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually ignore them but if in a mood i will tap brake peddle but not enough to brake and wait on there reaction...If still none i would slow down a taouch or maybe speed away, depends what type of car was behind me...
Ian W

3rd Jan 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
So in otherwords,

it aint my problem if i don't get involved, let some other poor mofo have to deal with it instead?

If its between me being crashed intoor someone else then yeah tbh, not my job to try to educate tailgaters is it.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Jan 08 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

either nothing

or slow down if there is traffic on the otherside
Ren

4th Jan 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True story. One of the jets for my window washer on the Corsa is mis-aligned, and aims slightly higher then the windscreen. I always leave the house with a full tank of water, and once I had some twat in a company rep car up my arse while I was doing the speed limit. I slowed down to about 20mph and he backed off, and then I strolled back up to 30mph... to which he came right back up my arse.

So I turned on my washer Jets knowing full well one of them was going on his windscreen. You just had to be there, he slowed down so the water wouldnt spit on his car anymore, and then I slowed down too so it would

He was a bit of a twat though, because when we hit the 40mph dual carrageway he undertook me (I was taking the next right) and started swearing and giving me hand gestures and then zoomed off... to which i switched off my indicator, moved into the left lane and started following him. Ive never seen someone shit their pants so much! I pulled up beside him at the lights and he held the steering wheel tightly and stared straight forward

Summary: Lol
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do people slam on ? risk them going into the back of you

I carry on at the same speed, but just depress the brake pedal slightly, and they always back off.
richard_cooper

4th Jan 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I slow right down, and if they carry on i go even slower!
AdZ9

4th Jan 08 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another true story. Hopefully this will make people think twice about braking infront of them.

I was driving home my normal route, takes about 20-30min and most of the journey is dual carriage way and t he last bit is down a country road. I was driving along i'll admit i was doing about 80mph on the carriageway, as i had just overtaken someone next thing i know the car i overtook pulled out behind me and then got right up my arse really close so i slowed back to 70 (as i was turn off soon). All the way along the carriage way this car was right up my arse, i stuck to the limit and couldn't see who it was or if it was a man or a woman as it was really dark. We got to the country road and i was doing 60 down it and still the car was right up my arse, by this time i was fucked off as i couldn't concentrate with a car right up my arse, so when we got to the turning off the country road i slammed on the brakes, not full lock but hard enough to scare the shit out of whoeevr it was behind me (it was a stupid idea, but i have a short temper and didnt think about what i was doing) the car wasn't paying attention, didnt break hard enough and swerved into a bush/wall instead of going into the back of me.
I got out to see what was going on, i was fuming at this point. When the door opened..... out stepped my best mates mum. She was in a courtesy car as her car was away having some work done to it. I've known her since i was a baby, and i explained i thought it was some prick up my arse but she said she was just having a laugh (as usually i have a good sense of humour, not when im driving though )

I was panicing thinking i was going to have to pay out for the cars damage, its front wing and headlight etc was fucked. Luckily she said it was her fault as she shouldn't of been doing it so told the courtesy car company/insurance people someone must of hit her in the car park or something.

It could of been alot worse and i coudl of caused serious damage or a serious accident
Kathryn W

4th Jan 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I maintain the speed of 25mph

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What do you do...... 23 database queries in 0.0131052 seconds