corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ps3 questions.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ps3 questions.
Sunz

User status: Offline
31st Dec 07 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines 80gb
Got cod4 and assassins creed saved and now when I download it says 62gb left ?
No way can I have used that much with so little :S

Just wondering if cod4 could have new maps updated in a system up date or something like that because there are hardy any maps what so ever to play and it would get boring very soon.
So what comes with game is all you get or could they add other things in time to come via the web games ?

Ps3 network, is it possiable to have 24/7 servers like pc online games or will all need to be hosted buy us the players ?

thanks.

mazdaspeed

31st Dec 07 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah most games normally have updates/new downloadable content. I think COD3 and 4 both use player hosted games rather than dedicated servers. Actually other than Warcraft I think, all games are like this on PSN.
AndyKent

31st Dec 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found that the disk format and PS software takes off about 5GB, updates for games can be pretty big, I've got one coming in at 4GB!

Levels, characters, weapons etc can be added via free or paid for updates, but you can't create or add your own, simply because theres no way to edit stuff like that yet.............doesn't mean they couldn't add it tho, Forza style.
andy1868

31st Dec 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc the PS3 allocates a certain amount of space for save games, no idea how much though
drax

31st Dec 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harddrive manufacturer gimmic,

they sell them as 80GB or what ever, but as a manufacturer it only needs to be 1000mb, not 1024mb, so you never really start with the size sold

when you start multiplying this, it really shows with the loss 250gb drives loose a good few gig

[Edited on 31-12-2007 by drax]
Tim
Site Administrator

31st Dec 07 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus a lot of games copy data from the Bluray to the hard drive to speed up load times. If you go to the game data folder you'll probably find a good few gig in there...
Sunz

31st Dec 07 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hearing this I feel sorry for the 20gb ps3 owners dosent seem like they could save too many different games.

cod4 777kb and Creed is 2380kb.
Linch

2nd Jan 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is a 60Gb, but the default is 55GB, as 5GB is taken up by the PS3 for the Operating System and Firmware updates.

Also go into Saved Game Utility and check the 'information' on that stuff, i bet its a couple of GB. That is because the PS3 installs onto the HDD to make load times shorter. A good example of this is Devil May Cry 4. In an interview the PS3 version has the option of installing 5GB on the HDD to completely eliminate load times. Completely. It is optional, but the 360 version doesnt have that option at all.

[Edited on 02-01-2008 by Linch]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 08 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Linch
Mine is a 60Gb, but the default is 55GB, as 5GB is taken up by the PS3 for the Operating System and Firmware updates.

Also go into Saved Game Utility and check the 'information' on that stuff, i bet its a couple of GB. That is because the PS3 installs onto the HDD to make load times shorter. A good example of this is Devil May Cry 4. In an interview the PS3 version has the option of installing 5GB on the HDD to completely eliminate load times. Completely. It is optional, but the 360 version doesnt have that option at all.

[Edited on 02-01-2008 by Linch]

if it wanted to it could, if we're comparing hdd sizes then howabout the 120gb in my elite, that could easily be used for stuff like you mentioned
BarnshaW

2nd Jan 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why bring the shitbox 360 into this
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 08 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt, linch did
BarnshaW

2nd Jan 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt say u did steve. dont try and get attention
Tim
Site Administrator

2nd Jan 08 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard they're talking about a 250Gb version -- especially with PlayTV being released soon...
BarnshaW

3rd Jan 08 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this would be very costly tho...
andy1868

3rd Jan 08 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it yourself, cost you £60, bish bash bosh.

edit: alright, may cost abit more than £60

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by andy1868]
Sunz

4th Jan 08 at 03:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who cares about your elite you always have to put something 360 into a ps3 topic.

Tbh I dont really like the console after being on the pc for 2 years.
Css I think owns cod4 online, network is ok on ps3 depending on the host.

Whats the play tv about ?
What the GT HD tv about ?

New Poll