corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C sri engine Conversion.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C sri engine Conversion.
Wagsta

User status: Offline
   29th Dec 07 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all,
just wondering if someone could help me, i currently have a 1.2 16v twinport but i have a chance of gettin the 1.8sri engine. Just wondering what i would need to do the conversion e.g. driveshafts, loom, ecu etc etc or would i be able to use some of my old parts e.g. gearbox??????????

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Phi

29th Dec 07 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy a sri instead tbh
Wagsta

29th Dec 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why???????? wont be cheaper and i like my car. Dont wana get rid yet
Wagsta

29th Dec 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

n e body????
MikeE

29th Dec 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask Chaz on here altho he sold his after he got a convertion as some ferm couldnt get it to work
Wagsta

29th Dec 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ideally looking for a rear ended sri but ive got the chance of a cheap engine...but on its own
dean101287

29th Dec 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think I read before that it is a very hard conversion to do

[Edited on 29-12-2007 by dean101287]
Rich H

29th Dec 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wagsta
well ideally looking for a rear ended sri but ive got the chance of a cheap engine...but on its own

As MikeE said, speak to Chaz - that'll put you off the idea He tried a hell of a lot and failed So sold it.

Couple of other people tried on CC|UK too, and gave up.
Ryk

29th Dec 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have a 1.2 then came upon the same dilema.
Simply there isn't any point doing the swap mate. I got a new car, works out far cheaper and no messing about trying to find things you WILL need that you don't have. IE rear brakes etc....
1.8's also come with cruise controll etc and believe me are a lot better cars throughout, its not just the engine, the shocks, brakes and a few other things are all uprated to cope with weights and stress etc...
Don't bother with the conversion unless your paying less than £300 for the engine and it doesn't have cruise controll. It'll cost a fortune to wire up remember, they ain't no walk in the park!!!
SAL
Premium Member

29th Dec 07 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Craig rumbelow done a 1.2 - 1.8 with no problems at all. no offence to chaz but diy doesnt allways work

if your up north wagsta, speak to chris R on ccuk, if he can do a z-let into a corsa, a 1.8 will be child's play
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Dec 07 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painz weighed up the options and swapped his car for an SRI in the end iirc
16V_1600

29th Dec 07 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_phi
just buy a sri instead tbh

that's what I reckon. Unless the engine going in is not available in a Corsa C then just buy the model, in your case a 1.8 SRi.

My opinion of course
scott d

29th Dec 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be cheaper and less hassle to sell up and buy a 1.8 sri.

wanted to do the conversion meself so sold the corsa and bought an astra 1.8 lol
Rich H

30th Dec 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
Craig rumbelow done a 1.2 - 1.8 with no problems at all. no offence to chaz but diy doesnt allways work

if your up north wagsta, speak to chris R on ccuk, if he can do a z-let into a corsa, a 1.8 will be child's play

LET's are meant to be easier to swap to than the 1.8 lump according to a lot of people on CC|UK etc....
ChazSXi

30th Dec 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs

mine wasnt diy..a garage did the conversion...an auto elec did thw wiring...and v-tuning were MEANT to finish it off! however it all failed...car ran but in limp, stupid pointless IMO. as mentioned. the LET is an easier conversion than the 1.8....if u have the whole front end of the car its waayy easier than just the engine!
Wagsta

31st Dec 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye well thats what i was hoping to find...the hole car so i can just take things off and swap. Id love a Z20let but the funds i have at the moment arent close enough. N im in desperate need now of an engine.....so to be fair...lookig like its just going to get a newer 1.2 put back in????

Do you think it would be a big job putting the 1.4 sri engine......anyone who knows about this?!?!?! would i be able to use standard gearbox, shafts etc
Wagsta

31st Dec 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter now......just purchased a Z12XEP with 17.005miles on....so engine hunting as stopped :-( carry on dreaming about my LET for another day...sob sob

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C sri engine Conversion. 22 database queries in 0.0129700 seconds