corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Build up thread!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Build up thread!
Tomm R

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 07 at 03:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello!

This is the THIRD time i have writen this out now! getting bloody annoying now! Anyway, i know this off the top of my head now so here we go!

After looking through the build up section and seeing that you show as much intrest in non-corsa builds as you do corsa builds i thought i would show you my project! This project will be done 100% off of my own back with all of the work being done myself! just to show that no mater how unexsperianced you are it is possible to do work on your car yourself! i hope to have this car on the road, Mot'ed and tax'ed by july!

Right well i was set on having some thing Jap, so off i got on the look out for a cheap sack or rubish for a project base which i could rip apart and use as a blank canvas! hence this!

A 1,5 LSI Honda Civic, Bought it for £200 and supprisingly it wasnt half bad! The only problem was when i got it home and pulled up on my drive two steaming hot pad backings fell out onto the floor along with the horrific pannel gaps which is a pet hate of mine

Well i had this for a while and i thought that i would leave the 1,5 in there and tidy it up as it was more than enough for me, but then i thought i would try some thing diffrent and go for a engine swap. After looking around for a while i found the best swap for me would be a H-series swap. So off i set to find a donor vehicle and i got my hands on this beasty!

Perfect donor vehicle offering a very good condition 2.2 vtec engine! again the car was pretty good and seemed to good to break but my impulse got the better of me and i decided on introducing the prelde to the civic to make a Civlude.

After havig a look on some sites i managed to find a H22A2 Turbo manifold and Garratt T3 turbo which would be perfect for my car so i got them straight away and they are also ready and waiting to go on, but i dont have any photos of them just yet!

Now at the moment i am only concerned about getting the H22 into mycivic! i will then focus on the exterior of the car and get it painted and stuff. but before that i need to get the engine sorted. So i have a set of HCP mounts on order from the land of Japan and i am now collecting all of the tools to get the engine from one car to the other

But yeh anyway, i hope you like my build, and i will update with photos on a regular basis as we all like photos!

Tomm

j10E W

23rd Dec 07 at 03:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasnt you after a corsa?

wher bouts in rainham are ya?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

23rd Dec 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeez your all over the place you are.

(Archie off SDH/CSC)
Tomm R

23rd Dec 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You too archie! I see you sold your Civic To Rikk!

What are you driving now? How are you anyway!

Yeh i am after a corsa, only a small cheapie one that i can use as a run around. I am from around Rainham trainstation, just up the road! what do you drive? i work over maidstone way i might see you about some time!

Tomm R

24th Dec 07 at 02:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small idea i have had with the Rocket cover, thought it was rather cool...
from

To

Oh and one i thought was just cool !

engine rebuild will start taking place very soon!

[Edited on 24-12-2007 by Tomm R]
j10E W

24th Dec 07 at 02:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive a black astra mk4 turbo with black rims and orange irmscher graphics!
Tomm R

24th Dec 07 at 02:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will keep an eye out for you mate! I work over maidstone way! sounds bloody tasty!
j10E W

24th Dec 07 at 03:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers thers a project thread of it on here have a look
flybikeslee

24th Dec 07 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

civic
Corsa_Scotty

26th Dec 07 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as mine lol sellin it 4 £90
Tomm R

28th Dec 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i did see yours scott and i would have had it, ut by the time i got it home it would have cost more than this one so i gave it a miss! a recovery firm wanted like £300 so it wasnt really worth it!

if you want U2U me the details about it and i will put it up on some civic forums for you!

Got almost all of the tools now to get this on the rool, just need to go and pick them up so i will hopefully have an update soon!

Anyway, i have found a very cheap trade rate paint suppliers and i have run it down to a few colours but still undecided!

Or black!

bearing in mind it will have a carbon bonnet and boot and i might even paint the roof black aswell!

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by Tomm R]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Build up thread! 23 database queries in 0.0123780 seconds