corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got pulled for doing 90

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got pulled for doing 90
sam-smith

User status: Offline
20th Dec 07 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the other day. verbal warning!!

my excuse "i have been having overheating problems and was trying to make the car overheat"

copper "that is the worst excuse i have ever heard"

i should be so lucky
Jakey
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to make the car overheat?
BarnshaW

20th Dec 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going faster would force more cold air in it? making it cooler?
sam-smith

20th Dec 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
going faster would force more cold air in it? making it cooler?

yeah i know but it still WAS overheating on the motorway. and i was revving fairly high
pow
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

90 in this weather? in a 205

Joking, d/w, verbal warning, job done.
Hamish

20th Dec 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why make excuses. You were caught
sam-smith

20th Dec 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow i am one crazy motherfucker

i also clipped my wall on the way in the drive. tiniest ding ever..... think im still affected from amsterdam haha. drivings been bad recently.
pow
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I got caught and pulled for 85, he asked me the reason, I said there wasnt one, just following traffic and got a bit carried away.

He went fair play, dont do it again, have a nice day and shook my hand
sam-smith

20th Dec 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
why make excuses. You were caught

it actually wants an excuse it was the truth
pow
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play. I have good and bad driving days. Like when I see something im know in my mind I should react to, I dont and end up making a complete twat of myself!
SportBoy

20th Dec 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lesson learned?
Limecat
Banned

20th Dec 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody cunts did me for speeding when I was running my R5 in, I wasn't even speeding. To top it all they even tried to do me for no insurance and failure to produce, utter jokers.
Hamish

20th Dec 07 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
my excuse "i have been having overheating problems and was trying to make the car overheat"

youve said yourself that it was an excuse though
Dan295

20th Dec 07 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

luckily you got an officer with a good sense of humour
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely if you wanted to check if the car was overheating you'd just rev it in a low gear.

that was an pure excuse, might aswell admit it now
Eck
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pure excuse? At least you got away with it
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes as in no element of truth, a pure lie lol
Jay

20th Dec 07 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportyBoy
lesson learned?

You didnt put a let in your car to drive like a priest
Eck
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoulldn't have said "an" then
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Bloody cunts did me for speeding when I was running my R5 in, I wasn't even speeding. To top it all they even tried to do me for no insurance and failure to produce, utter jokers.

so how did they do you for speeding if you weren't speeding? Also they can't do you for fail to produce if you produce on time/have insurance
SportBoy

20th Dec 07 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
quote:
Originally posted by SportyBoy
lesson learned?

You didnt put a let in your car to drive like a priest

i never go over 70 .. and if i did i wouldnt come on here going on about how i got let off for doing 90 as your asking for the christian drivers society to come out in force

[Edited on 21-12-2007 by SportyBoy]
Jay

21st Dec 07 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not having that that youve never gone over 70, theres no way, even my mum has
SportBoy

21st Dec 07 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sry meant 170

[Edited on 21-12-2007 by SportyBoy]
Limecat
Banned

21st Dec 07 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

so how did they do you for speeding if you weren't speeding? Also they can't do you for fail to produce if you produce on time/have insurance

Copy/pasted from the day;

Well, some of you may recall I was stopped for speeding a bit back in my R5, something which I still maintain I wasn't doing as the engine was being run-in.

I was in the magistrates court today for speeding, driving without insurance and failure to produce insurance.

On the statements the coppers had actually put 'I couldn't have been speeding as the engine was being run in' and elsewhere said their attention was drawn to the car due to 'it's noisy sports exhaust'

Now, trying to cut an extremely long story short during questioning they picked up on the two things above and asked what the car is used for to warrant having it (f*ck knows why?) so I said it can be used for trackdays and quarter miles - firm in the knowledge that they can do sweet FA about it.

So, when I gave them my insuarnce document showing I was covered you would have thought that would have been the end of it? No, instead the stupid CPS cow tried to concentrate on the policy exclusions and the fact it isn't covered for racing or time trials. After about 5 minutes of trying to explain that the car is road legal and the policy would be invalid if I smashed it on the Nurburgring she was still not quite grasping the concept so I said 'Ok then, lets play it your way. If the vehicle at the time was being used for racing that by definition would mean the police were racing me so I am sure the police complaints commision would love to hear about that' Thankfully on that one the magistrates had the common sense to see it was covered by the social domestic and pleasure aspect of the policy but what a silly cow! Verdict, not guilty.

Regarding the failure to produce I had taken the documents into the station but the woman on the counter wouldn't accept them, claiming it wasn't a valid certificate! WTF? So she told me to contact my insurers, get another copy and return. Sod that for a game of marbles, I produced on the 7th day and said in court that I had adhered to the timescales in place and knew producing at a later date would have been a pointless excercise. Here is the twist on this one - the copper behind the desk had given me the carbon copy which I had with me. The court had a photocopy of the original which at the bottom said 'Will produce at a later date' yet my carbon copy didn't, showing it had been doctored at a later date. Lucky I still had my copy the sneaky gits. Verdict, not guilty.

They did get me on the speeding despite me making them look like monkeys, even down to asking one of the two coppers if the statements had been compiled using a copy and paste facility due to their striking similarities. He actually said they could have been as it is sometimes done to save time! WTF? So much for statements. Verdict, Guilty.

A nice morning out. 3 points, £100 fine and £150 costs to just have it proven what a bunch of lying schiesters they are!
Limecat
Banned

21st Dec 07 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, the Nurburgring thing was a balls up as it is classed as a toll road so I would expect to be insured!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got pulled for doing 90 22 database queries in 0.0155962 seconds