corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa Pickup Project

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My corsa Pickup Project
vauxtillidie

User status: Offline
   8th Dec 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well here is my other little project that i have been doing for the past 6-8 months. My brother bought the car really cheap like this with a buggered engine:

He only bought it for a few spares so he sold all the interior out of it and allot of other bits, and then it was going to go for scrap so i thought hmmm i like a challenge! So i gave him 70 quid for the remains, it still had an MOT and had a cat 1 toad ai606 alarm with certificate so wasn't a bad buy really.

Then decided that i was going to do this on a complete budget, I do absolutely all the work myself as i work at a bodyshop anyway, kept the car at my work and so let the playing begin!

I took anything left on the car off at the back, tailgate, lights etc..... Then got the grinder out and started cutting, I cut threw the rear pillars level with the rear window both sides, then cut across the roof guttering leaving the rear part of the roof there.

As you can see i then folded the roof down to make the back of the cabin, this left 2 triangle holes either side so pieces were made up and then welded in:

Now to keep the strength in the car we didn't cut the middle pillar at all and kept the strengthening across the roof edge to. But just to make sure it was strong enough i made a simple rollcage for it with 2 bars leading to the rear struts.

PS. the welding looked bad here but is actually ok.

The bottom half of the tailgate got welded back into place all around it. And a strengthening bar placed across the back panel too.

There isn't actually any pics of this bit but i welded a piece of metal all the way round the edge of the boot and then it was bent around to make the hole for the lid. Then all the welds where ground flat and then skimmed with fibrglass/bog:

Another thing we haven't got pictures off was the rear wheel archs, the original plastic arches were removed and then the metal were slightly flared. I did this both sides and then bolted the bumper all the way round to make it strong. I decided to smooth the bumper and arches in as this made it allot easier.

As you can see allot of bog was used! Actually i think the total was 5 large easy1 tins lol. But most of this ends up on the floor so i reckon on the whole car theres probably about 3 tins.

So after weeks and weeks of sanding later! The back half was finally primered using 2 pac primer:

Ok so then i left the back end for now and moved onto the front. Now the front of the car originally was abit of a mess, it had obviosely been in some crashes before and had really bad panel gaps so i decided a new front was needed.
So i had some golf headlights liying about upstairs so i had ago at fitting them:

Now they probably would of looked ok if i had a chavvy fibrglass bumper on it but i didn't want this look so they were scrapped.

So i turned to a tigra front end, i searched the net for info but cudn't really find that much so i just decided to go for it. So i splashed out on a tigra bonnet, slampanel, headlights and 2 wings and a bumper.
I thought the wings would bolt straight on but i was very wrong.

As you can see i had to cut the corsa wing and weld it to the front of the tigra wing, this was the only way to do it as the door gap was a mile off i could get my hand threw it! So yeah had to cut and weld them together:

The bonnet was then trial fitted with the wings:

To get the wings to sit right against the bonnet the inner wings had to be "modyfied", because the tigra wing is more curved at the top, I had to cut a slit right down it and then squash it round and then re-weld it back together, this was then all seam sealed etc...

The old front panel was then cut off and the new one trial fitted then welded into place.

The headlights were then fitted to see how they lined up:

All was then welded up and then the engine bay was prepped and primed:

The wings were then bogged up and sealed etc.. and then primed too:

The engine bay and inside the door edges were then painted:

Then decided to fit the nova gsi engine before i painted the rest of the car. Got the engine in but then found out this one was knackered too!

The rest of the car was then all fitted together and then had the outside painted:

Now the coulor is a Nice Honda colour, I did all the paintwork myself.

And thats about as far as its got for now, i have made and painted a lid for it and got all the lights in and working etc.. I'll try and get some more pics of it finished.

It needs a new set of wheels i know but there the dear bit so that can wait. The nova gsi engine is knackered so at the moment its sat there waiting for a cheap engine to come along, and as christmas is here the cars going on hold till new year.

All your comments are welcome but do remember that this was done as cheap as possible, yes there are loads of better ways i would of done things but for now this was the cheapest/easiest/best way for me.

Theres still loads of room to upgrade/change things in the future anyway but for now i'm happy with the progress.

Hope you all like it

[Edited on 08-12-2007 by vauxtillidie]
p4uls corsa

8th Dec 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant see pics mate.
vauxtillidie

8th Dec 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted now
SAL
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame the pics dont work
Toby
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loks a very good project mate, no sure on the tigra front end but i guess its on a bufget, are you goin to board the pickup bit at the back up? what are your plans for the rear lights

[Edited on 08-12-2007 by CorsaB4ever]
vauxtillidie

8th Dec 07 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try again mate shud work
Robin
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good effort
jr

8th Dec 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like that
SAL
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
shame the pics dont work

edit...they do now
pow
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks excelent, will be watching thid
vauxtillidie

8th Dec 07 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
loks a very good project mate, no sure on the tigra front end but i guess its on a bufget, are you goin to board the pickup bit at the back up? what are your plans for the rear lights

[Edited on 08-12-2007 by CorsaB4ever]

Yeah its all going to get boarded up in the back and i have made/painted the lid for the back. Got it on hinges so it lifts up.

Them 2 holes in the back are for the lights, i'll get sum pics up of the lights in it.
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very good Turned out rather well.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
willhouse

8th Dec 07 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good effort there matey, hope that filler work and welding has been done well so it doesnt crack.

get some nice wheels on there and it will look awesome
alan t

8th Dec 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good effort mate, a shame to put all that effort in to make it look good and then fit the old tatty numberplate

[Edited on 08-12-2007 by corsa_sport_16v]
corsa_gsi_16v

8th Dec 07 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is ferking amazin! would look better in arden blue though (obsessed)
mattk

8th Dec 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is awsome fella, cant wait to see it finished !
Pucci1

9th Dec 07 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking teh sex !
nova_gteuk

9th Dec 07 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it
Charlton

9th Dec 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

class project avnt seen this done before
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

9th Dec 07 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's one hell of a project. Well done.
Matt L

9th Dec 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats farking
Ste L

9th Dec 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess this is the project you told me about on msn dan, but wouldn't tell me what you done or show me pic's?

look's shit hot fella
corsaal

9th Dec 07 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool beans!
like the tigra front, why didnt you keep the corsa clusters on the back though?
Bram

9th Dec 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M Sutton

9th Dec 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Realy enjoyed looking through the pictures, good to see someone trying something different from the normal!
I like the tigra front end, itll be good to see it all finished with a healthy drop over a nice set of rims, keep it up

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa Pickup Project 24 database queries in 0.2623651 seconds