corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » Why is EM so dead :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why is EM so dead :(
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   7th Dec 07 at 01:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You all a bunch of lazy badgers?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Deadude

7th Dec 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woooooooo

Marcy Marc

Tommy L

7th Dec 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its that dead we have to resort to foreign folk coming in

Marcy Marc

corsa120

7th Dec 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i spend more time in south central now and will be attending there meets, east midlands is rubbish these days but it may pick up and it is winter to
Robin
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason it's slow at the moment is because I'm not in a position to organise a winter meet, as I'm too busy in the process of moving house (although this hasn't been happening for months), I will have moved by Christmas.

When that's sorted, I'll organise a meet and hopefully more people will turn up than the last one (there was 5 of us)

Without sounding like a cunt, it's down to you lot to make the region what it used to be, by attending the meets. It's not totally down to the organisers, we still need people to turn up when we sort a meet out

Carl, I appreciate it's not what it has been in recent years, but when a meet is organised, a thread with the details is put up, and hardly anyone bothers, it's a bit disheartening and makes you wonder why you bothered in the first place, especially when people decide to go to meets in another region, further away, but not bother with the local ones.

If people turn up, we're sorted (after I've moved house)

Sorry if anyone thinks it's been crap recently, but I'll do my best to sort it out next year, if you're all willing to help the cause

Suggestions/input/comments are all welcome

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by Robin]
Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

essay time

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Without sounding like a cunt, it's down to you lot to make the region what it used to be, by attending the meets.

You didnt quite manage to pull that bit off

But ill be supportive

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and a passing thought, maybe it would be good if 'DE' postcode was in east mids postcode range?
I get fed up of having WM on the homepage, means i have to click twice to see if anyone has posted in the EM region

might just affect me, not sure.

Marcy Marc

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still here, check the region now and again but as its winter i dont particularly like the idea of standing about in a car park & with being busy with work in the week i tend to spend my weekends with the gf etc.

Altho it would be good to finally meet you lot as i havent attended any meets other than pod & shows.

Also i was thinking about this the other day how about get a few regional meets going again & 1 way i thought of doing this was a photoshoot.
maybe get a few cars together and get a few shots done, doesn't have to be a proper professional photoshoot as such ..

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Robin
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I totally agree, I've mentioned it before, but I think Ian had a good reason not to do it, which I've forgotten.

I'll ask him again though, as I feel Derby is EM, not WM (we've had meets in Derby before, so it must be )

As for the other point, I agree, I didn't manage it too well

Like I say though, I'm open to suggestions for how to improve things (the first on my list would be another active organiser tbh )
Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i used to represent Derbyshire and the EM in sport so im pretty sure it is.

EM used to cover linconlshire, derbyshire, notts, leicstershire and rutland cant remember where the other lucky lukcy EM crew were from.

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

Robin
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, that's a cracking idea, I'm sure everyone would be up for that.

We'll be having all future meets (except the June and September ones, and any at Santa Pod) in pubs, as it then doesn't matter if it rains, and it's not so dependant on sunlight.

You're welcome to bring anyone you want along with you too (if you'd want to), gf, mate or whatever.

Obviously we'll still have PVS and Trax, but the other 10 months are flexible (although I'd like to do Santa Pod at one other point in the year, and something coastal during the summer maybe)

We've got shitloads to do in the region, we just never do any of it, maybe we need to
Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My thread has sparked more post's in one day than there was in here all last week Its progress

Marcy Marc

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

believe me, i've tried talking the gf into coming along with me to a few meets, but im fighting a loosing battle tbh she hates cars and men talking about them

would be good to get a santa pod meet in again, and somewhere coastal or something would be a good idea too.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skeggy FTW

Marcy Marc

corsa120

7th Dec 07 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robin i did not mean it in a nasty way or south central is better etc etc its just more happens in other regions as in more people in them, east midlands has always been pretty poor but not poor in its shit its just we dont have many in our region never have even before you was about robin we only used to get 6-7 cars at each meet.

not trying to be funny or nothin dude, i can appreciate the work you do and the effort i am not saying im not gonna attend east mids meets im just saying i will be attending some others to which i have rarely done in past plus i know/get on with more south central lot than east mids, i dont attend meets at mo cos no corsa at mo and im to busy doin my house up

i would be well up for coastal meet/road trip

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by corsa120]

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by corsa120]
Robin
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't really directly aiming it at you anyway Carl, it was more of a general thing, we need the members to make the meets good.

I've been to some awesome meets since I've been on here, and I'm sure with the 63 members we have in the area, we can have some pretty good ones again.

I don't mind you going to other meets, I quite fancy a trip to an SC meet at some point anyway, the last one, in MK was a good meet.

We'll see how it pans out anyway
Tommy L

8th Dec 07 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Skeggy FTW

that would be we can eat fish
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 02:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
quote:
Skeggy FTW

and chips

Marcy Marc

Tommy L

8th Dec 07 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Skeggy FTW

and chips

can't, got to watch my figure
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 02:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

can't, got to watch my figure

We can share
Ill have the chips, you have the fish. So romantic

Marcy Marc

Tommy L

8th Dec 07 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be like lady and the tramp without the spagettie and the lady and the tramp
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Dec 07 at 02:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcy Marc

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » Why is EM so dead :( 24 database queries in 0.2368670 seconds