corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Cooper S vs Fiesta ST vs Clio 182! Opinions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Cooper S vs Fiesta ST vs Clio 182! Opinions
Ben G

User status: Offline
5th Dec 07 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron85
the fiesta is an expensive shit-box

LOFL so is a corsa?
aron

5th Dec 07 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, i don't want a brand new corsa mate.

my point is this for the sort of money we're talking, and of these 3 cars, the fiesta is beaten by it's rivals on all counts.

it's a comparison mate, you're meant to compare them
Ben G

5th Dec 07 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know it's beaten. if i could choose any i'd go with the mini but in real life i can only have a ford so i have to stand my ground

interior on fiesta does like to rattle by the way
aron

5th Dec 07 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's cool ben, we all have to fight our corner sometimes
my mate spent 7k on a 1.6 zetec focus - he wishes he hadn't when he sees the other cars he could've bought...
it wasn't personal to you ben. friends? lovers?
broster
Premium Member

5th Dec 07 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

being as i on a 172, work on fiesta st's nearly every day and test driven a cooper s, id say if i had the option to pick from them all id have the mini first, then the clio then trailing behind in 3rd id have a fiesta.

the clio is a great car but for every day use id much rather have the mini
Tarrantino

5th Dec 07 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own a cooper s, i havent driven the st or 182. The mpg i get from the mini is quite shocking tbh, if you drive it like a complete tit your only going to get 19-22mpg and thats speaking from my personal experience. Driving it more sensible and having a little boot now and again id say on average im gettin 26-28mpg still not amazing. The car handles great although ive found myself in a few dodgy situations on roundabouts if i give it some welly whilst turning, the car over steers or under steers (i dont know the difference sorry ) the wheels will be pointing right but im going straight. The super charger noise is what puts a smile on my face and the do shift quite a bit. The only annoying thing is that the traction control is forever kicking in which is a pain, but i guess thats what your gonna get with a fwd car. As Fad said aswell for the money your looking to spend your going to get one thats quite a few years old and possibly with quite a bit of millage. Also with regards to spec, your be lucky to find one fully spec'd up as alot of people wouldnt spend stupid money on the extras. I was very lucky when i found my one as it had every added option that i wanted.

[Edited on 05-12-2007 by Tarrantino]
Edd

5th Dec 07 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about a 206 gti?
AndyKent

5th Dec 07 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Understeer Tarrantino, oversteer is when the back of the car comes out
Brabus

5th Dec 07 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino
I own a cooper s, i havent driven the st or 182. The mpg i get from the mini is quite shocking tbh, if you drive it like a complete tit your only going to get 19-22mpg and thats speaking from my personal experience. Driving it more sensible and having a little boot now and again id say on average im gettin 26-28mpg still not amazing. The car handles great although ive found myself in a few dodgy situations on roundabouts if i give it some welly whilst turning, the car over steers or under steers (i dont know the difference sorry ) the wheels will be pointing right but im going straight. The super charger noise is what puts a smile on my face and the do shift quite a bit. The only annoying thing is that the traction control is forever kicking in which is a pain, but i guess thats what your gonna get with a fwd car. As Fad said aswell for the money your looking to spend your going to get one thats quite a few years old and possibly with quite a bit of millage. Also with regards to spec, your be lucky to find one fully spec'd up as alot of people wouldnt spend stupid money on the extras. I was very lucky when i found my one as it had every added option that i wanted.

I found i was getting more like 8-10mpg in my works when i put my foot down, was just so addictive with that noise tho
FasT09

5th Dec 07 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cooper s
st

then again i would be biased as have a 172. driven them all and 182 is most fun. personal opinion
FasT09

5th Dec 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a cup
P1CK4D

5th Dec 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth John
Would have a civic type r over all of them

Agreed!
Phil321

5th Dec 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold my Racing Blue 182. Did 19k from new and it never missed a single beat. Flawless reliability. Average over 19k was 31 MPG. You'll also get a low mileage minter for £8k. £10k will get you a shitter of a Cooper S if you want all the extras you list (bear in mind a top spec was £22k+ when new). My old Mini was shocking for fuel and the build quality was not great. People on here have a tendancy to regurgitate what they'd heard on Top Gear or seen others post. Have a drive in each yourself but my money would be in the 182 every single time. You'll also get one still under warrenty for that price.
mattwhite

5th Dec 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ST maybe the slowest out of them all but is also the cheapest.

I paid less for my ST than i would have for a second hand 182 or mini

But i do agree that the mini would probably be a better car, not sure about the reliability of the clio but certainly the quickest out of all of them.

And as for the looks of the ST, heres my mates one

FasT09

5th Dec 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks photoshoped ^^
mattwhite

5th Dec 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FasT09
looks photoshoped ^^

might look it but its not
mwg

5th Dec 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiesta looks a bit more Mcdonalds car park king than hot hatch king
Tom

5th Dec 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the cooper s as mentioned previously but the clio might be the better bet depending on budget given peoples advice on here?
Whittie

5th Dec 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You thought about other options?

Like the Astra Gsi, Audi S3, Golf gti ?

I would go for the 182
Scotty_B

5th Dec 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ST will be the cheapest.

I would get that and sped 1k on the engine to see 200bhp.
Fonz
Premium Member

5th Dec 07 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hear very mixed reviews about Minis. cant help but love the styling etc but as acar its not what you expect. MPG already been mentioned but i understand it to be the smallest rear seat car out there. i read many reviews over the summer (both professional but more from actually users) and all commented on the lines of "its a second car/weekend car - great fun and practical two seater given the rear seat space but dont expect comfort if the party is more than 2"

i've never owned one but thats what i read. i never like the Clio etc the old old ones that were small and boxy and as i Love the Fiesta even in its standard guise it would have to be that one for my money!!
Brabus

5th Dec 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
i hear very mixed reviews about Minis. cant help but love the styling etc but as acar its not what you expect. MPG already been mentioned but i understand it to be the smallest rear seat car out there. i read many reviews over the summer (both professional but more from actually users) and all commented on the lines of "its a second car/weekend car - great fun and practical two seater given the rear seat space but dont expect comfort if the party is more than 2"

i've never owned one but thats what i read. i never like the Clio etc the old old ones that were small and boxy and as i Love the Fiesta even in its standard guise it would have to be that one for my money!!

Ive owned both in the past and there is definately more space 'rear seat' wise in the Mini over the Clio.

Mini

Clio

[Edited on 05-12-2007 by Brabus]
T21SVJ

5th Dec 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aint that bottom pic a fiesta not a clio? and ain that the mk4 fiesta?
CORSA NUT

5th Dec 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Non of the above for me

Mini...I do admit i like the S but i couldn't own one..and they are not as relaible as you think..too girly.

ST??? Looks ok but has a shite engine.

Clio?? Well it will be fun that's for sure but as i've said loads on here before i don't like the driving posistion or the clutch and i could never get used to them.And being french it will be unreliable and have stupid sensor problems like they all seem to have.

So yeah.
Toby
Premium Member

5th Dec 07 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

182, then st with a few piper mods giving it similar power to the 182, then the mini

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Cooper S vs Fiesta ST vs Clio 182! Opinions 22 database queries in 0.1297591 seconds