corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ive been thinking

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ive been thinking
Colin

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I should have bought a freelander instead of my golf.

Would I be a fool to sell the golf when I get it back & buying one?

I like this lots : Autotrader link

[Edited on 22-11-2007 by Ian]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
lozarus

22nd Nov 07 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you got deep pockets to fork out for fixing the freelander!

had experience with them freelanders, trust me, do not touch them with a barge poll mate!
Nick-S

22nd Nov 07 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worst looking car ever
Superlite Ltd.

22nd Nov 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you a single mum?
Jenko_Sport

22nd Nov 07 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your thinking about a 4x4 get a disco, much better cars well whatever you want to class it as
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin, are you drunk?

The Golf is better for what you need it to do.
Ben G

y mum has one, it is nice, but it's in a dark grey colour so blends in better with the black plastic bumpers/arches.
Colin

I guess im at a point where ive been left without a car & eyes have begun wandering. Ive always wanted a freelander for some reason. I'll see how I feel when the golf gets brought back.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the newer ones.
Colin

22nd Nov 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Colin, are you drunk?

The Golf is better for what you need it to do.

No drunk I dont think

All I do is go up & down the motorway in busy traffic doing 45mph, I thought a freelander would be a nice weapon for doing what I do
Ben G

22nd Nov 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel scared in my mums one though, feels so high, like you are sitting on the roof of a fiesta driving it to be honest
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freelander?

They're pricey to fix if you break one.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Superlite Ltd.

22nd Nov 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
If your thinking about a 4x4 get a disco, much better cars well whatever you want to class it as

GTF

landrover defender is the only 4x4 to have
lozarus

22nd Nov 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Freelander?

They're pricey to fix if you break one.

"IF"

[Edited on 22-11-2007 by lozarus]
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Nov 07 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love mine, its boss.

Comfortable, TD4 is perky enough, no slower in traffic than any other car in the queue. Open road it won't impress you with it's skilful prowess but motorway it'll do the job.

I'm glad to get back in a normal car and not actually worry about falling off the seat and out of the window, but that is a minor point because I'm used to low cars with huggy chairs. It's a nice useful car.

[Edited on 22-11-2007 by Ian]
Andrew

22nd Nov 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the Golf. Freelander is going to cost you loads in fuel and general wear and tear. You don't really see any of these beasts in rust hour motorway traffic either, possibly because of the costs of running, parts and the fact you cannot jump into that important gap due to them being underpowered and heavy.

As a second car they would be ace. Something you can chuck those household goods into.

Car parks are going to be an issue too. I can't really see you getting one into tight multistory spaces.

As with my car, the Golf is going to get the odd car park dent and stone chip. I personally give up worrying, i'll get shut in a few years once the car has out lived its best years. As long as you look after it mechanically you shouldn't have any major issues.

[Edited on 22-11-2007 by Andrew]
adam.d

22nd Nov 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freelander head gaskets go ALL the time. They are very well known for it. Everyone I know who's had 1 has had to replace the head / gasket. The bloke over the road has a 9 till 5 job just replacing gearboxes on them, seriously thats all he does!. If you don't believe what I say have a look on the net, there's loads of info about them. I have been into 4x4s for many years and I've had loads, the best by a long way in the mitsubishi shogun / pajero. My last 1 was a 3.5 v6 and it flew!
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was under the impression that the Freelander had a metal HG, something which the early Rover K-Series didn't, and a common upgrade is to a Freelander HG if you own a Rover with an early K-Series?
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And looking at google, there's 4 on the first page.

23k, 30k, 45k and 72k, that's not what I'd call 'all the time' really maybe the first one, even the 30k one, but the other 2 seem like reasonable mileages for a headgasket to last...
adam.d

22nd Nov 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

older freelanders have the k series engine. A bloke I work with bought a 03 reg one about 2 months ago and guess what..... headgasket gone. Lucky for him it's under warrenty and will be fixed F.O.C, soon as it's done it's going in the trader.
richc

22nd Nov 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I was under the impression that the Freelander had a metal HG, something which the early Rover K-Series didn't, and a common upgrade is to a Freelander HG if you own a Rover with an early K-Series?

meeeee tooooo

I thort they diesel ones were alright tho???

[Edited on 22-11-2007 by richc]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adam.d
Freelander head gaskets go ALL the time. They are very well known for it. Everyone I know who's had 1 has had to replace the head / gasket. The bloke over the road has a 9 till 5 job just replacing gearboxes on them, seriously thats all he does!. If you don't believe what I say have a look on the net, there's loads of info about them. I have been into 4x4s for many years and I've had loads, the best by a long way in the mitsubishi shogun / pajero. My last 1 was a 3.5 v6 and it flew!

yes but was it any good at doing what its meant to, going off road ?
adam.d

22nd Nov 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a full website on head gasket faliure on them. How many other cars on the road have whole websites just to tell people about head gasket faliure?, can't think of 1 of the top of my head!
http://www.freelanderheadgasket.co.uk/.
Have a read thru, would you be happy buying 1 with average milage knowing full well that the H/G could and most probably will go in the not too distant future?
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 07 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF, the same could happen on any second hand car, it's a risk you have to take.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ive been thinking 23 database queries in 0.1019812 seconds