corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Dishwasher Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dishwasher Help
ed

User status: Offline
20th Nov 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Err, yea, here seems to be as good a place as anywehre to ask.

My diswasher has stopped working half way through a cycle. I thought it could be blocked with food, but the filters are all clean and the manual says that a blockage warning light would appear on the control panel if that were to happen.

Do dishwashers usually get wired in to a circuit breaker, or do they get wired to a 13amp plug like my oven? I can't seem to find the power supply for my dishwasher, only a switch on the wall for it which I can't really test for continuity, or see if a fuse has blown. To make it worse it's a fully fitted kitchen and I can't pull the diswasher out to have a better inspection.

Any help please before I call in the pros
ed

20th Nov 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blah, figured out how the kitchen came apart

The fecking plug for the diswasher had fallen out of the wall. WTF
C2RL R

20th Nov 07 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really? thats strange! if it wasn't in far enough it shouldn't have made a contact and therefore would have never been working. never heard of a plug falling out of the socket.
BlueCorsa

20th Nov 07 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably with vibration over time it's eventually come out or something, surprising but I'm sure not that unusual.

If you can get good access, could take the plug off and replace the socket with a hardwiring panel.
ed

20th Nov 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's because a waste water pipe is too close to the socket. The plug is a moulded plug which has a small flexable part on it to prevent the cable from splitting at the joint which hits the waste pipe. I have routed the cable in such a way now that it cannot vibrate loose anymore.

Though I have noticed a lot of stupid shorcuts the builders have left on these flats. Not too bothered though as i'm moving out soon...
C2RL R

21st Nov 07 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that makes sense then

New Poll