corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Photo Request - Corsa SXi 3dr with VXR Styling Pack and 17s.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Photo Request - Corsa SXi 3dr with VXR Styling Pack and 17s.
Mike Warner

User status: Offline
   27th Oct 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi - after owning Astras since I started driving 13 years ago I will be buying my first non Astra. I'm looking to buy a 1.3 CDTi Corsa SXi with the VXR styling pack and 17s. I was wondering if anyone has any photos of such a car (well, an SXi with the kit and wheels - don't worry about the engine!! lol). Not sure which colour to go for - I was thinking white, but my other half hates the idea! Thinking Lightening Silver or Metro Blue now.....

Many thanks.
RobHayes

27th Oct 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look for pics of the new corsa sri. itvhas 17s and the vxr styling pack fitted. should give you some idea
Steve
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt the vxr styling pack a bit misleading, as isnt all it has is the sideskirts or something?
Robin
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
isnt the vxr styling pack a bit misleading, as isnt all it has is the sideskirts or something?

front bumper is different too, and the spoiler (ie. it has one)
Mike Warner

27th Oct 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool. Is it deffo the same kit? I've only seen the VXR kit on a 5 door and the rear spoiler is different to the SRi. I take it the 3 door version is the same as the SRi then?

Are they any external sysling differences between and SXi with the VXR style kit and an SRi? (except suspension height and alloys).

Many thanks.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:

front bumper is different too, and the spoiler (ie. it has one)

not a vxr bumper though?
Mike Warner

27th Oct 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Front, rear and side skirts, spoiler and nice tailpipe.

[Edited on 27-10-2007 by Mike Warner]
RobHayes

27th Oct 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front splitter, sideskirts and rear spoiler
Steve
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but what im saying is, the only thing thats is the same as the vxr is the sideskirts?

correct me if im wrong
RobHayes

27th Oct 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct
Robin
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah but what im saying is, the only thing thats is the same as the vxr is the sideskirts?

correct me if im wrong

It's not saying it's the VXR bodykit, it's a brand name for the line of products available, they used to be "i line" now they're "VXR styling" to fit in with Vauxhall's current branding.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-Vauxhall-Corsa-1-2-SXi-16v-3-Door-Hatchback-Red_W0QQitemZ270160702136QQihZ017QQcategoryZ9858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that it?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
RobHayes

27th Oct 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike Warner

27th Oct 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-Vauxhall-Corsa-1-2-SXi-16v-3-Door-Hatchback-Red_W0QQitemZ270160702136QQihZ017QQcategoryZ9858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that it?
Nice - that photo shows it with the same spoiler as the SRi! Looks pretty nice TBH.

I've just sold my 290-300bhp Astra Coupe Turbo today as I need something that does better MPG due to the high mileage I do. I'll miss the Astra, but I'm looking forward to owning a great looking economical Corsa.
LeeM

27th Oct 07 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

correct me if im wrong

ure not wrong, but whats your point?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its called a vxr styling pack, i would expect it to be styled on a vxr.

its a misleading name, as someone said it used to be i-line, better to give it a different name then people wont get something different then the name suggest
RS6

27th Oct 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobHayes

looks mucho better
Robin
Premium Member

27th Oct 07 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its a misleading name

Only to you, you seem to have a major issue with Vauxhall, I'm sure no-one has bought a 'VXR styling' front splitter and expected a Corsa VXR front bumper/grille/lights.

It's a brand name, the same as 'S-line' is with Audi, you don't expect an S3 when you buy an A3 S line FFS.
LeeM

27th Oct 07 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its called a vxr styling pack, i would expect it to be styled on a vxr.

its a misleading name, as someone said it used to be i-line, better to give it a different name then people wont get something different then the name suggest

but thats like saying the corsa vxr is misleading because it deosnt have as much power as an astra vxr which has the same name. vxr is a brand name not a specific name for the exact corsa
Rob R

28th Oct 07 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pentas dont suit it
Steve
Premium Member

29th Oct 07 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
its a misleading name

Only to you, you seem to have a major issue with Vauxhall, I'm sure no-one has bought a 'VXR styling' front splitter and expected a Corsa VXR front bumper/grille/lights.

It's a brand name, the same as 'S-line' is with Audi, you don't expect an S3 when you buy an A3 S line FFS.

i would if it were called an "S3 Styling Pack"

but no audi had the sense to call there brand name, and car name differently

whatever you say, its misleading, if there is an Astra VXR, and you can have the option of a VXR styling pack you at least expect a good amount of parts of the VXR

and no i dont have a problem with vauxhall, but they keep doing stupid stuff, like this and calling there new special model a "Nurburgring Edition" tacky or what

they just seem to be throwing names about as to what they think is fashionable at the time

vauxhall to me, used to make decent cars, but lately the image they are putting across is extremely cheap and juvenile.

the styling on the latest ranges, especially the corsa, has a lot to be desired, whether it be a good car or not, like clarkson said, it looks like its been driving through a ripspeed showroom. Then you move on to the naming systems they have used, and this and the other example i used just makes me shake my head

vauxhall have just caught up with the late 90's early 2000's and are trying to aim there cars at what the market was like back then

[Edited on 29-10-2007 by Steve]
Mike Warner

29th Oct 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What rubbish! Just say whatever comes to your head if that is what you want, but you are so talking crap.
Matt H

29th Oct 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Correction*

He's talking crap & making himself look like a fool

First of all if this type of things worries you then it says something about your life. Mainly that getting one would be an idea

Now if you're saying that this add on pack is misleading then what about other car editions like the MTV Clio's? Should they have big CD's as wheel trims? Or maybe the quicksilver & rip curl edition cars should be able to go in the sea?

Your an idiot. Which is annoying because I feel like Im having to dumb myself down to explain something that really doesn't need explaining
Steve
Premium Member

29th Oct 07 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now your talking crap

if the quicksilver had something called the GTi pack, i would expect all of most of the kit off the gti
Steve
Premium Member

29th Oct 07 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Warner
What rubbish! Just say whatever comes to your head if that is what you want, but you are so talking crap.

if you re read what i said, most of the stuff i wrote is what image vauxhall gives me these days.

if you disagree fine

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Photo Request - Corsa SXi 3dr with VXR Styling Pack and 17s. 23 database queries in 0.1872051 seconds