corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » World of Warcraft

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author World of Warcraft
AdZ9

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Been playing it pretty much since it was released, then me and my wife split up so I chucked myself into it - seems sad but I could probably sell my account for a few hundred pounds on eBay - I know people that have

I sold my original account for £550 about 18months ago. (It had 3x 60's - 2 with full t1/t2)

Yeh Banni i did, i had to have a knee operation which made me unable to keep my martial arts and football going for a minimum of 2 yrs, so i got into online gaming loads and i got addicted to WoW. I get addicted to things quite easy and im very competetive so found it easy to get hooked. Believe me i wish i never found the game to be honest, didn't help the fact i was studying at the time to so i had so much spare time.

If you have an addictive streak and find things easy to get hooked on then i suggest you uninstall the game now. You can never play and be satisfied because there is always something better to get. You could spend months getting items, then a patch comes out with new ones so the process starts again! Its even worse now the expansion came out
danny_vx

2nd Oct 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's pathetic that people 'buy' maxed accounts, having a maxed account is boring as fook anyway. The whole thrill imo is building your char up and once you have it, its boring.

I felt that way on Crackdown anyway.
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suits me fine, all these people running around with well geared characters that they bought, easy prey and makes me look good

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AdZ9

2nd Oct 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_vx
I think it's pathetic that people 'buy' maxed accounts, having a maxed account is boring as fook anyway. The whole thrill imo is building your char up and once you have it, its boring.

I felt that way on Crackdown anyway.

The guy who bought my account is Italian, lives with 2 uni friends and they all chipped in to get the account lol. Didnt bother me one bit when i saw the money in my acc!
Got lucky as i advertised it on Ebay, it got removed as its against the rules but luckily had already got the email from the guy asking about it
BaNNi

2nd Oct 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's crazy!

It's a game char... why pay soo much lol!

Makes me want to play and sell =/ LOL
danny_vx

2nd Oct 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BaNNi

That's crazy!

It's hardly a lucrative idea. 3-4 months of hours a day levelling the char to sell for £500

You'd earn more working at Mcdonalds and far less hours!
BaNNi

2nd Oct 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol I guess.

use those guides and lvl up in 5 days lol

or that WoW stat changer? LOL
AdZ9

2nd Oct 07 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BaNNi

That's crazy!

Wouldnt get that much nowadays with the expansion. Plus i was in one of the top guilds(teams) in europe so i got my gear really easy due to being some of the first people to kill some bosses. The leader of my guild sold his acc for £800 the same day i sold mine, we sold at the prime time as it was when the first big patch was going out.

I spent the £500 on an xbox 360, some games and a couple of nights out. So i spent like a year wasting away playing a shitty game only to spend the money in one weekend
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Nightelf Rogue with both Legendary weapons from the final boss in the final raid (which only a handful of people have ever seen, never mind beaten) sold for £5000

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7007026.stm

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AdZ9

2nd Oct 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How recent is that? If its recently in the expansion, then I have seen that boss, not beaten it though. Also the mug who bought the account is an idiot, because the two legendary weapons can only be used on that 1 boss, and they have to be picked up from that instance to. So unless he stays in that guild who does the boss, theres no chance of him using/seeing the weapon! haha

After i sold my account i quit for nearly a year, then the expansion came out and i got a new account to try it (stupid mistake) and rejoined my old guild, flew through to 70, killed end game bosses (very boring) and it got boring so quick i quit about 3 months later. Now ive cancelled it all and uninstalled the game, broke my disks etc so i cant reinstall. Although i have no intention of ever doing that again now, the game has finally got boring for me.
AdZ9

2nd Oct 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I highly suggest that you dont start the game, on the offchance you get addicted! The only thing that got me out of the game was moving out, living with friends means if they saw me playing the game i'd get the pissed ripped out of me also the fact my knee has been better since january so i've managed to get back into my weightlifting and soon martial arts!

I can safely say that the game nearly affected my whole life, luckily i realised and did something about it! Im on a mission to stop a friend who i know still plays it to much as its ruining his life (he failed uni because he played it so much)
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it wasn't Kael'thas (sp?) - It was Illidan in the black temple, who drops http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32837 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32838

They can be used anywhere - infact I had some orc rogue using them on me in the arena the other day - didn't do him much good though

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as ruining your life is concerned - thats not the games fault, its the people who play it.

I've got the role of Raid Leader in our guild, so I feel committed to be there for when we schedule raids.

However, we raid 3 hours a night - wednesday, thursday and friday, and that's it.

I still have a job, I still get out on weekends - infact I spend about as much time on it as most people spend watching shit on the telly, except i'm having a laugh with 9 mates via voice chat, half of which I work with during the day.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AdZ9

2nd Oct 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
As far as ruining your life is concerned - thats not the games fault, its the people who play it.

I've got the role of Raid Leader in our guild, so I feel committed to be there for when we schedule raids.

However, we raid 3 hours a night - wednesday, thursday and friday, and that's it.

I still have a job, I still get out on weekends - infact I spend about as much time on it as most people spend watching shit on the telly, except i'm having a laugh with 9 mates via voice chat, half of which I work with during the day.

Ah those ones, then fair enough lol i thought they meant the Kael'thas ones. That would of been funny! Where do you play for some orc to have them to? Or you on a private server?

And i agree, its down to the person at the end of the day. Like i said few posts back, i get addicted to things easily and very competetive so found it easy to get sucked in!
Yeh i used to be a raid leader, fobbed that off after a month (this was pre-tbc when it was 40 ppl groups) as it was like pulling teeth out. The game can be fun and is a good way to pass time by, but if you want to be the best you need to put alot of time into it.

Just make sure if you feel yourself getting addicted, nip it in the bud there n then before its to late! Google "WoW addict stories" and read some of them, its crazy :/
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Orc that had them obtained them legitimately I guess, was one hell of a shock - I caught him out of stealth, sapped him - then just stood there in awe until the sap wore off

I suddenely woke up, then killed him.

This was in the 2v2 Rated Arena - he was from the Mazrigos Server (iirc) and Im from Executus.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AdZ9

2nd Oct 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha cool in all fairness its a good game (albeit a little geeky) but its just to addictive, its worse than crack (apparently, i've never tried it )

u2u me your char name, wanna see your gear, whats about now
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Haha cool in all fairness its a good game (albeit a little geeky) but its just to addictive, its worse than crack (apparently, i've never tried it )

u2u me your char name, wanna see your gear, whats about now

Fonzey on Executus EU.

Probably logged out in my PvE gear which is all Karazhan shit, but I've also got the Merciless Gladiator stuff for PvPing - which I prefer, and am around 2000 rating at 2v2 with an Elemental Shaman.

edit: also there is a fonzey on the server dragonblight, that's also mine, but rerolled him before TBC launched - so never saw 70, only 60.

He got rank10 with the old honour system and raided MC, OL and BWL.

[Edited on 02-10-2007 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AdZ9

2nd Oct 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much same gear as my rogue has (only pve stuff though as i didnt do arena) although all it gets used for now is a bank / farmer for my mate who now pays/uses the account.
Doug

3rd Oct 07 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading this thread is like reading a different language
Jules

3rd Oct 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adz and Kyle
My two main chars are Jupasu and Supaju (Both on Dragonblight).
Not that well equipped compared to your full on Kara stuff but the guild I'm in now (only joined a few weeks back) have full Kara on farm status and have down Gruul twice in a week so we're getting there all the time.
On our realm the best horde guild is Monster Inc, they are the only ones in Black Temple at the mo that I know of and downed the first two bosses last night on their first run - but they are hardcore raiders - yes I'd love to be like that with the guild I'm in but none of us are *that* commited!!
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Oct 07 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Adz and Kyle
My two main chars are Jupasu and Supaju (Both on Dragonblight).
Not that well equipped compared to your full on Kara stuff but the guild I'm in now (only joined a few weeks back) have full Kara on farm status and have down Gruul twice in a week so we're getting there all the time.
On our realm the best horde guild is Monster Inc, they are the only ones in Black Temple at the mo that I know of and downed the first two bosses last night on their first run - but they are hardcore raiders - yes I'd love to be like that with the guild I'm in but none of us are *that* commited!!

What happened to Aeternus on dragonblight? When I left that server last november - they were the furthest in Naxx, and their GM (shin) had the bugmount from opening AQ

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jules

3rd Oct 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure - I'm horde through and through!! I'll check theior armoury page and stick a link here in a minute.

Going back to that story of the £5k account of the NE Rogue, here's their armoury page (HERE)
As you can see they have changed realm - no surprise there - but also completly changed the name, as far as I'm aware you have to have a DAMN good reason to change your char's name completely - I know I asked for one letter in one of my char's names to be changed and it was a hell of a job for Blizzard to agree to it - so how they've managed to be allowed to do this I don't know - smells a bit fishy to me though!

Seems that CARIS the the GM of Aeternus these days, looks like they are doing well as they have downed Vashj
Shin seems to be on a different realm as he's not on Dragonblight anymore.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Oct 07 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't view armory at work

Ah I heard Shin left actually, my old GM "Razaael" (warlock) is playing for aeternus though.

You can pretty easily change names actually, If i moved servers - i'd create a level1 called "fonzey" on my destination server, then when I transfer the proper "fonzey" i'd be forced into renaming it.

Loads of people do it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AdZ9

3rd Oct 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules, if you transder realm paid/or not then you can change your name to whatever you want if its already taken on the server. Means you can just make a char on there before hand and call it XXX then when you move main across it will think its taken so you can change it
AdZ9

3rd Oct 07 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle beat me to it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll