corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hazard Perception - who's done a theory test recently?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hazard Perception - who's done a theory test recently?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
13th Sep 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, I did my theory test about 5 years ago, before hazard perception and before you needed to answer 50 questions!

I'm needing to do the theory test again for my bike test.

I have no worries with the normal question thing as I have a brain (Although now it's 50 questions and you need 43 correct)

but I don't get this hazard perception shit.

I've just watched some example video's on youtube, and obviously if you see a granny in the road, or someone cycling towards the main road that'll be a hazard and you need to click.

But it says you get more points the quicker you spot it, and in these example video's it highlights the hazard way before it's even nearly a hazard. like a kid walking along gets pointed out 30 seconds before he acts like a twat and runs across the road.

Fine, so just click when you see the kid (as he could run across)

but then there are other kids / people. who aren't idiots and don't run out infront of you, so you don't click for them... but if you wait for the kid to run out into the road, is it too late and you don't get many points??

Same with one where a car infront was approaching a give way from the left, I had right of way, but he just pulled out infront. At what point should I click for that? When I first see the car from the right (he should stop as it's a give way for him) or wait until he's actually been a dumbass and pulled out infront of me?

If I click when I first see the car, I also see other car's approaching junctions to the side, but they stop, so I'd be clicking for them too! similar with a car on other side of road sitting indicating to turn across infront of me (in my little example I found on youtube) I clicked there, thinking he's gonna pull out infront of me, but he didn't he just sat there, then a granny went across the road in a OAP mobile 2 secs later (which was obviously the true hazard).

Someone want to clear this shit up for me? do you ONLY click when it becomes a hazard (someone pulls out infront of you) or do you click when you see something that 'May' become a hazard? - Is it possible to click too early for it be registered as a click for the correct hazard?

Someone clear this shit up for me thanks

[Edited on 13-09-2007 by Paul_J]
Graham88

13th Sep 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy the CD-Rom and practice first hand, that's how I did it.

And I've done it twice now and did fine on both (car & bike passed 1st time)
dan-h

13th Sep 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything that is a potential hazard, click.

Ben G

13th Sep 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hazard perception is easy. as you are already experienced with driving on your own, you should notice the dangers easily e.g. school children at the road side or a cyclist or a car wanting to pull out from a side road. easy enough, you just click when you see any potential danger/risk.

Graham88

13th Sep 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought the children were a target

But yeah, click when you see a hazard, just don't go mad.
Ben G

13th Sep 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you can click any time. clicking when things are not dangerous will not lose you points.

you will only be disqualified if you constantly click every 2 seconds.
Paul_J

13th Sep 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
and you can click any time. clicking when things are not dangerous will not lose you points.

that was my main question??

do you lose points for clicking too often?? I thought everytime you clicked it was registered as a hazard!

Thing is, in these examples I've watched, there's been loads of potential hazards - like cars waiting to pull out, etc, but they weren't the hazard that was giving points in the video, they'd later be something far more obvious... like a kid literally in the road
swedge

13th Sep 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres only actualy like 2-3 hazards per clip that are marked on even though there are actualy like 20

i got my theory tomorrow for car, hopefully pass

EDIT

u dont lose points for clicking too much, just dont click in a pattern, i.,e. click 2 secs click 2secs click 2secs or you will lose all points for that clip

[Edited on 13-09-2007 by swedge]
Ben G

13th Sep 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

that was my main question??

do you lose points for clicking too often?? I thought everytime you clicked it was registered as a hazard!

Thing is, in these examples I've watched, there's been loads of potential hazards - like cars waiting to pull out, etc, but they weren't the hazard that was giving points in the video, they'd later be something far more obvious... like a kid literally in the road

i clicked mine approx every 4 seconds or so and past easily it would just be registered as a click even if there's not a hazard.
Paul_J

13th Sep 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read that you only get shown 14 clips??

and in those 14, they'll ONLY be 15 hazards? then the speed you notice them gives you the points 5 quick, to 1 slowly.

Therefore there can't be 2-3 hazards per clip, most will only have 1 marked.
mikenoncorsa

13th Sep 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine recently as i've got my test on tuesday. The company i'm learning with sent the cd's to practice with. I'm sure its 15 clips. TBH its fucking easy
benh3

13th Sep 07 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes its the easiest thing ever tbh, i knew what all the hazards were in the clip, but i clicked every like 5 secs anyway and i got full marks, yea you may say i cheated but i knew what the hazards were and i had revised so much for my theory.
Graham88

13th Sep 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full marks

Scan the letter or it didn't happen.

[Edited on 13-09-2007 by Graham88]
scottyp1989

13th Sep 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres 14 clips an 1 hazard in each clip an 2 in one clip but dont jus keep clicking otherwise it will come up with a big red cress lol it also goes down in points the closer you get to the hazard so you get 5 for noticing it quick an goes down to 0 when you basically on the hazard lol
benh3

13th Sep 07 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Full marks

Scan the letter or it didn't happen.

[Edited on 13-09-2007 by Graham88]

Well i exgagerated a bit but i got 4 marks off. I will scan the letter 1) when i find it and 2) when im on my computer at home, with a scanner
N3CRO

13th Sep 07 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never studied the Hazard Perception bit and passed everytime. Its just common sense really.
CorsAsh

13th Sep 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd ask for one of those guns you used to get with Nintendos for mine...

"There's one!" *POW POW POW 20 points*.
Paul_J

13th Sep 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more worired about it saying 'Too many clicks or something'

or clicking earlier than the window allocated for the hazard to click in...
Graham88

14th Sep 07 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by benh3Well i exgagerated a bit but i got 4 marks off. I will scan the letter 1) when i find it and 2) when im on my computer at home, with a scanner

Still a pretty good effort
K2 GTi

14th Sep 07 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did my theory and did too many clicks in one clip. It said this, and I thought I failed.. but even though I scored 0 for that clip I still passed
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Sep 07 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My test centre had touch screen for the hazard perception.

I just rolled my hand across the screen for 10minutes.

Worked a treat

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
TheCam

14th Sep 07 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul just click for every potential hazard you see, If there is 10 potential hazards in 1 clip it wont disqualify you for clicking 10 times but you will only get marked on how quickly you noticed the potential hazard which progresses into an actual hazard. I've got my bike theory on tuesday. hope all this makes sense.

You'l pass no probz mate.
Half Pint

14th Sep 07 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to spor all potential hazards within a clip, these can range from the start right through to the end. you are given a score against how early you spot a hazard ranging from 5-0 i think..... it not too hard and the pass mark is extremely low compared to the Q&A.

I passed mine nearly 2 weeks ago and start my bike lessons on the 24th with the test on the 27th.
ed

14th Sep 07 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you ride a bike then the hazard perception should be very easy for you.
D1 DDH

14th Sep 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I read that you only get shown 14 clips??

and in those 14, they'll ONLY be 15 hazards? then the speed you notice them gives you the points 5 quick, to 1 slowly.

Therefore there can't be 2-3 hazards per clip, most will only have 1 marked.

i did mine last week and there were 14 hazard clips with one hazard and one clip with two hazards.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hazard Perception - who's done a theory test recently? 23 database queries in 0.2159400 seconds