corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spluttring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spluttring
bigjim172000

User status: Offline
   9th Sep 07 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At low RPM say pulling away in 3rd from 20-25ish it has a lack of power and spluttters. No fault codes - will cheack this afternoon. its a 1.6 GSi. Any ideas?
Matt L

9th Sep 07 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines started doing this like when i start it up splutters then idles at 1200 revs then has nooo power when it pulls off, but i was running on empty, and since iv filled up its not so bad. think it may have bin down to it picking up the crap at the bottom of the tank. (dont know if this helps) but iv also bin told it may be the spark plugs or ht leads (if they aint the same thing)
bigjim172000

9th Sep 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent had the petrol light on since i got it. Changed the plugs today and still the same. It ticks over fine just no power untl 2.5-3k rpm when under load ie pulling away
BarnshaW

9th Sep 07 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the air filter and make sure its all clean etc. i had similar problems on corsa before and ended up changing the air filter and eventually the AFM. probably wont be this though
jamiegap2007

9th Sep 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had something similar and it was the lamda sensor, you have to clear the codes on your ecu, or reset it by taking the earth off the battery for an hour or so, overwise it still does it every now and then. hope it helps because it's so annoying when it does it!
bigjim172000

9th Sep 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found the problem Took the air cleaner off and it still ran with no power. Checked the oil level and it was nothing, i only changed it monday! He is coming off tomorrow and gnna do the rings and valve stem seals. One or theother need doing so gonna bite the bullet and geton with it.
BarnshaW

9th Sep 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does the rings and stem seals have to do with the spluttering :s
bigjim172000

9th Sep 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

te engine was nearly enmpty of oil. Filled it up and ran fine again. All i think of it is something to do with the valves shutting proprly. When i had an oil leak on my other corsa it did the same. Should have thought of it really.
BarnshaW

9th Sep 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think its that mate. thats not a quick job changing the valve stem seals and rings, if they were knackered then a compression test would show it and im sure ur car would be smoking when u was driving.
bigjim172000

9th Sep 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats why i said one or the other needs doing lol, it does putout blue smoke.
BarnshaW

9th Sep 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe try just giving it a full service first and change the leads, oil filters etc to see if that helps? saves spending mega money on something that maybe simple.
bigjim172000

9th Sep 07 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a full workshop behind be so money doesnt really matter. Tried every other fix so far but no such luck. I just want the engine to be right. I think the rings are the main problem but might aswell do the valve stem seals while im there. Its used a whole sump of oil in 130 miles !
BarnshaW

9th Sep 07 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol if it used a whole sump in that many miles id say that its surely leaking more then burning it off? thats a fair few litres to be burnt off it would be leaving acres of smog behind it lol
bigjim172000

9th Sep 07 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no puddle on the ground. no obvious leak. Took the plugs out and black with wet oil on the pistons. The intake is also full of wet oil so engine really does need an overhaul.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spluttring 23 database queries in 0.0126739 seconds