corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my first crash

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my first crash
chunk89

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crashed last nite, me car slide off the road at bout 40mph n fukd me wishbone arch n driveshaft who reckons its a write off? cus i aint going thro me insurance im payin cash get it fixed wit it been 1st year of driven n shit. heres a helpful tip dont go round corners fast in heavy rain
Dan Lewis

3rd Sep 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chunk89
crashed last nite, me car slide off the road at bout 40mph n fukd me wishbone arch n driveshaft who reckons its a write off? cus i aint going thro me insurance im payin cash get it fixed wit it been 1st year of driven n shit. heres a helpful tip dont go round corners fast in heavy rain

thats common sence really, depends if you have bent the chassis
Jamie

3rd Sep 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Able to get any pictures of the damage at all?
Fro

3rd Sep 07 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't think corsa's have a wish bone
Jenko_Sport

3rd Sep 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
didn't think corsa's have a wish bone

They kind of have, most people refere to them as wishbones.
CORSA NUT

3rd Sep 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the reason why the driving age should be 18 and everyone should have to pass an advanced driving course.
Superlite Ltd.

3rd Sep 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
This is the reason why the driving age should be 18 and everyone should have to pass an advanced driving course.

Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Sep 07 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The theory test has gone up, but still, will it make any difference to anything? doubt it.

Unlucky about the car, live and learn.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Sep 07 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky mate

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
breezy-1.4

3rd Sep 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

Not at all. i havent been passed a mad amount of time, and you cant tar us all with the same brush. im a perfectly carefull driver. i worked hard to pass n i dont fancy losing that accomplishment cus of carelssness or earning needless points.

plus its a naive thing not a young thing. people will just wait that extra year to make exactly the same mistakes because you learn to really drive after your test. most people become better drivers after there first mistake, its just trial and error. no matter when they start driving.

bit of an essay, but its not fair to generalise all new drivers.
StueyBoy1989

3rd Sep 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they put the driving age up 18 year olds will be desperate to get on the road as they have had to wait that extra year . . resulting probably in more speeding as they had to wait!
breezy-1.4

3rd Sep 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree on that one matey. people will be dying to get on the road, it will probably lead to reblious little shites driving without licenses and insurance, meaning if u hit one of said fools. ur buggered lol
StueyBoy1989

3rd Sep 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly. . .puttin it up would be a mistake in my eyes.
and it will be years till they put it up.
chunk89

3rd Sep 07 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do people reckon its fukd? basically n excuse my french
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Sep 07 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so do people reckon its fukd? basically n excuse my spelling

thats ok

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Planty02

3rd Sep 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hard to say without pics mate

where you from in Stoke? where was the crash?
Jenko_Sport

3rd Sep 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
hard to say without pics mate

where you from in Stoke? where was the crash?

Just off talke round about, the road that takes you to the back entrance to bathpool.
Dean_W

3rd Sep 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so do people reckon its fukd? basically n excuse my french

Depends if it's pulled the chassis leg out of line. Get the bumper off and have a look at it compared to the other side.
Paul_J

3rd Sep 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think what would be good is if they sent kids on courses on driving hard / controlling a car that's getting out of control.

Like take them to a skid pan place, and let the kids feel icy / wet conditions that make them understeer into trees and also make them get used to the back end coming out and how to correct it and not spin or rubber band back across the road the other way as they hold opposite lock on too long.

This imo would seriously reduce the accidents. Not only because it'd teach kids how to react properly, but also show the kids what could happen if they take their bend too quick in the wet, and then they can put 2 and 2 together and realise if they lose the back end here or understeer into the corner it's gonna be nasty and hopefully back off.
James_DT

3rd Sep 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Young drivers just need to learn they're not invincible or Colin McRae. More of them than not round here tear around everywhere, at dangerous speeds and/or far too close to the car in front. Most of them are the same badgers I saw doing the same on their mopeds a year ago. I understand why young drivers pay through the teeth for insurance, and do agree that they need to have more experience before they're let loose on their own. I'm all for making the driving age 18, hopefully that year will allow them to mature a little bit. Having said that, a couple of my friends are still like this, despite being several years older. They seem to have the impression that driving everywhere as fast as they can is cool, and means they're a better driver. One of them's had six accidents, two of which were write offs, and another's had several minor accidents and countless near misses.
taylorboosh

3rd Sep 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say.....give them only 3 points on there licence instead of six, as now i know i can lose my licence if caught speeding again im a hell of a lot safer. and im a 19 year old saying this
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Sep 07 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 19, and think that the driving age is ok. Nothing will stop a new driver seeing how fast a car can go etc

I had the XE by the time I had just turned 19.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
mithdons

3rd Sep 07 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it shudnt be that hard to repair will probs need a new steering rack, lower arm etc and if you hit it full on then maybe a hub aswell but theyre like inch and a half thick..thats my opinion anyway good luck

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my first crash 23 database queries in 0.0201259 seconds