corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel pump

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel pump
Teknologikal

User status: Offline
30th Aug 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The running saga of my misfiring C16SE'd Corsa SRi continues;

Anyone who has read my threads will know I've done my nuts on new sensors, diagnostics and a new ECU. So far it's all pointing to a new engine in which case I'll drop another C14SE into her so she's back as standard (since Vauxhall wouldn't touch her, non-standard engine).

My attention has turned to the fuel pump (last port of call before attemtping to source another engine) and I was wondering if any of you could tell me if when the ignition is switched on (not started) whether or not you can actually hear your fuel pump ready itself? It's been suggested that if I listen I should be able to hear the pump, is this right? I can't hear anything come from mine at all but the engine will start, even though with difficulty sometimes). If the fuel pump was knackered surely the engine wouldn't start?

Got a second hand pump due to arrive shortly, just wondering if any of you had any thoughts about it.
ChrisBoom

30th Aug 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be able to hear the pump on my brothers c14se nova, never heard it on my own corsa, but its a spi, so the pump is shite

Teknologikal

30th Aug 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the original fuel pump (MPI) in mine and I've ordered a brand new fuel relay too just in case it's that (and/or). When I release the fuel pressure valve, it trickles out and I was under the impression it may spray out with a little welly behind it.

I'll be very relieved if all my engine problems are resolved by a new relay/pump but also spewing having spent a couple of hundred quid trying to work out what's wrong with her
Vaux Lad

30th Aug 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the engine runs it wont be the pump. They usually completely die, they dont work intermittently.
Some pumps are loud, some are very quiet.

Pressure will only be high in the rail valve if you press it just after the engines been ran. If you leave it a few hours the pressure decreases.

[Edited on 30-08-2007 by Vaux Lad]

New Poll